The reason your adulthood is haunted.
Back when there were only 7 Halloween franchise films and zero Disney live-action remakes, Nickelodeon was every '90s kids after school babysitter (unless you had adult supervision, in which case, enjoy your health insurance and advanced degree by now).
Halloween specials of '90s cartoons captured exactly what every kid wanted Halloween to be: unsupervised roaming and feeling at least a little endangered by strangers. Plus, the borderline PG imagery of Nickelodeon cartoons left a permanent, creepy impression on our entire generation. In season 1 of Hey Arnold, a ghost conductor with a broken face serenades traumatized children on his ghost train. A mutilated heifer soldier comes back from the dead wielding his own dismembered leg in Rocko's Modern Life. Oh, and Aaahh! Real Monsters...exists.
Now that Nickelodeon streams on Hulu (and many of these episodes are available to stream elsewhere), for a nostalgic stroll through the disturbing images that now haunt your mind, we present the 11 best Nickelodeon Halloween TV specials.
"Hey Arnold!" - "Haunted Train"
"After hearing a story from Grandpa, Arnold, Gerald and Helga attempt to find the Haunted Train."
For Adults: Daria, "Depth Takes a Holiday"
"Daria and Jane must convince Christmas, Halloween, and Guy Fawkes Day to return to Holiday Island."
- 47 Best Halloween Movies for Kids - Family Halloween Movies ›
- It's Halloween Night | Nursery Rhymes And Kids Songs | Spooky ... ›
- Scary Witch's Magical Pot | Spooky Halloween Party | Halloween ... ›
- Ha Ha Ha It's Halloween | Junior Squad Cartoons | Scary Rhymes ... ›
- 10 Classic Cartoons for Halloween ›
- Category:Nickelodeon | Halloween Specials Wiki | FANDOM ... ›
- 9 Nostalgic Nickelodeon Halloween Episodes To Get You Pumped For ›
- 10 Classic Halloween Cartoons You Can Watch Right Now ›
- Classic Halloween Cartoons - HauntedWisconsin.com ›
"Better late than never" may not apply in this case...
On Saturday, in a strange celebration of Independence Day, rapper, producer, and sneaker mogul Kanye West announced his intention to run for president in 2020.
As in, this year. Right now.
Of course, this news comes well past the filing deadline for independent candidates in several major states—which means that unless a political party randomly decides to nominate him, Kanye's name won't appear on those ballots. As deadlines in other states approach—with little apparent effort to gather the petition signatures required—Kanye is officially joining the long, proud history of vanity presidential campaigns. Unfortunately, that's a lot more dangerous than it sounds.
We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am runni… https://t.co/MySzN3vjIB— ye (@ye)1593909493.0
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- Were Kanye West's MAGA Hats Just a Hoax to Manipulate Trump ... ›
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›