The bottle cap challenge has no doubt consumed the Internet in the last month. Started by legendary Taekwondo fighter Farabi Davletchin back in June, the challenge has seemingly brought every celebrity out of the woodwork to have a go at it.
While many followed the traditional rules of the challenge: place said bottle on the counter, and remove said bottle cap with a clean, efficient roundhouse kick. But others used it as an opportunity to put a unique and hilarious spin on it. Here are the top six participants we feel are worthy of immortal commemoration
One of the first celebrities to undertake the challenge, Jason Statham's impeccable form and unnecessary seriousness is equal parts hilarious and impressive. Look at that furrowed brow, that posture, that swift form. What a majestic creature he is.
The singer/rapper is not nearly as agile as some of the other competitors, and it's impressive that he succeeded at all, considering his terrible form and poor execution. Note the pieces of glass flying towards the camera upon contact. It's sloppy work, plus Lee ends the video by giving his audience the middle finger. Like dude, what the f**k? What did we do?
Shirtless and frustrated, Bieber mentions that the bottle cap "could be Tom Cruise's head." Not sure why he feels the need to continuously troll Cruise, but we're here for it. As for the execution, the bottle was placed just a little too high, with Bieber no doubt falling at the end of the video. His lanky form could almost not withstand the height, but he still somehow succeeded.
Who knew the pop singer had such flexibility. Judging by what we'd initially expect from Mr. Mayer, his execution was as reliable and enjoyable as Continuum, and judging by the look on his face after the cap's removal, he is no doubt aware and enjoying the hell out of our surprised faces.
I mean, it's not even really fair is it? The legendary mixed martial artist took the bottle cap off with a damn blindfold on, and he didn't even need to do a roundhouse to send the cap flying into oblivion. Like, no need to show off dude.
Carey's unique twist on the bottle cap challenge is one to remember. Due to some editing magic, the singer blew the cap off the bottle by screaming at it. Did I say screaming? I meant screeching.
The comedic internet juggernaut and actor one-upped every contender in the challenge. The bottle undergoes an immensely emotional journey in hopes it'll soon be reunited with Reynolds. The bottle succeeds, and Reynolds immediately kills it. We mean he kills the bottle, shattering it into a million pieces before taking off. Reynolds hasn't been seen since.
- 22 Best Responses To The New 'Kicking The Cap Off A Bottle ... ›
- Watch Mariah Carey's incredibly, perfectly extra bottle cap challenge ›
- SEE IT: Mariah Carey's cheeky twist on the Bottle Cap Challenge ... ›
- BEST & FUNNY BOTTLE CAP CHALLENGE COMPILATION! vol.2 ... ›
- 11 of the wildest bottle cap challenges ›
- David Dobrik VS Jason Statham - Best Bottle Cap Challenge Video ... ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›