They would have been married over 15 years by now...
The impossibly beautiful couple got married on July 29, 2000 to the delight of their fans and they continued to show every sign of being truly in love—that is right up until Brad Pitt went to work with Angelina Jolie on Mr & Mrs Smith in 2004.
The fairy-tale was over and the couple quickly divorced. Since then Brad has further shattered our illusions by revealing that he felt like he was wasting his life on drugs and drifting around in a vacuum during the marriage. He has said that he wasn't living an interesting life before he met Jolie and that he was "trying to pretend the marriage was something it wasn't."
Brad! How could you!
Here are 5 facts about the Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston marriage that may have passed you by;
1. Brad and Jen met on a blind date in 1998. They were set up by their respective agents at a time when they were both flying high in their careers. He had received critical acclaim for Seven and 12 Monkeys and Jennifer was five seasons into being part of sitcom history with Friends.
The happy pair in the early days, 1999.
2. Jen refused to invite her mom to their wedding. In 1999, Aniston's mom
Nancy Dow Aniston wrote a tell all book about her daughter, From Mother To Daughter To Friend: A Memoir" and Jen was SUPER pissed. It seems more of a case of the straw that broke the camel's back though as Aniston has said of her mom;
"[She] was very critical of me. Because she was a model, she was gorgeous, stunning. I wasn't. I never was...she was also very unforgiving."
The pair did reconcile after Jennifer and Brad divorced, but it was always strained and Nancy wasn't invited to her daughter's second wedding last year to Theroux either. The actress is said to have visited her estranged mother for the first time in nearly five years earlier this year, just weeks to Nancy passing away in June.
Jennifer and her late mother Nancy.
3. Their marriage was a $1 million Malibu extravaganza. The 200 guests were treated to 50,000 flowers, a gospel choir, four bands and fireworks. It was a tabloid frenzy, with
ETOnline cameras covering the arrival of the celebrity guests.
Jen's beaded wedding dress was beautiful, as were the matching bride and groom highlights in their hair. Melissa Etheridge performed and the happy couple chose The Way You Looked Tonight for their first dance.
The only wedding picture released of Brad and Jen
4. Madame Tussauds in London unveiled waxworks of the duo in August 2004 which was a little untimely, as they broke up just a few months later. The Brad model had a strokeable silicone chest and a squeezable butt and visitors were invited to cop a cheeky feel.
If only Angelina could have been satisfied with the wax version, Jen could still have the real thing!
5. Even after their divorce, for many years all anyone wanted to ask either of them about, was each other. Just last year
Jen was forced to deny she had cheated on Brad during their marriage with Friends co-star Matt LeBlanc.
LeBlanc's father claimed that on screen pals Joey and Rachel had a relationship and would make out in the dressing rooms. Jen's spokesperson was very firm in her denial saying;
"Jennifer has never had a romantic or sexual relationship with Matt LeBlanc. The story is complete fabrication."
Did life imitate art?
Do you think Brad and Jen would still be together with a few kids running around if Angelina hadn't got her claws in? Or do you think they would have broken up anyway?
READ MORE ABOUT WEDDING WEDNESDAY...
Wedding Wednesday—5 Facts About The Ashton Kutcher And Mila Kunis Marriage
Wedding Wednesday: 5 Facts About The Shante Taylor / Snoop Dogg Marriage
Wedding Wednesday: 5 Facts About The Kendra Wilkinson And Hank Baskett Marriage
Wedding Wednesday! 7 Of The Shortest Celebrity Marriages
Wedding Wednesday—5 Facts About The Jason Biggs And Jenny Mollen Marriage
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Marriage and Divorce ›
- Brad Pitt Net Worth: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com ›
- Brad Pitt: I was on drugs during marriage to Jennifer Aniston | Fox ... ›
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Split over Jennifer Aniston Relationship ... ›
- The Brangelina industry: why Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt and ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.
25 years ago, pop stars and rappers were were expected to stay in their respective lanes. But Mariah Carey proved that hip-hop and pop were a match made in heaven—changing popular music as we know it.
Hip-Hop is pop—not in sound, but rather in terms of influence and authority.
Certainly pure pop—pasteurized and whipped into its ultimate peak in the early 2010s—is still breathing, though despite its name, the genre's reign as the chieftain of popular music has ended.
Drake and Bad Bunny are as much of pop stars in 2020 as Carly Rae Jepsen and Kesha were in 2012. Spotify reports that, at this very moment, Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's "WAP" is the most-streamed song in the United States. Immediately following that is trap-pop cut "Mood," a TikTok-famous summer bop by 24kGoldn and Iann Dior, two of many rising zoomer rappers who have embraced Hip-Hop's guidance in most melodic forms, like trap-pop, emo rap, alternative hip-hop, and pop-rap. And if that's not enough to give Hip-Hop a throne, Nielsen Music has confirmed that eight of the top 10 artists of 2020 so far are, of course, rappers.