One of Washington D.C.'s best bands.
Alt-rock outfit Broke Royals release the music video for "Christmas Cookie Blues".
Composed of Colin Cross and Philip Basnight, the duo met at the College of William and Mary, where they were working on a music programming board. Not long after, Basnight showed up at Cross' studio to put together some demos. The two gelled musically, and soon created Broke Royals.
Billboard applauded the band; Southwest Airlines called them Artists on the Rise, and CBS proclaimed them as one of the best live bands in D.C. When performing live, they add the talents of Taimir Gore and Ben Wilson, and have shared the stage with Dashboard Confessional, Real Estate, Car Seat Headrest, and AWOLNATION.
Broke Royals - Christmas Cookie Blues youtu.be
Broke Royals dropped their self-titled debut album in 2017, followed by "Bad Chemicals." Now they offer up "Christmas Cookie Blues," just in time for the holidays.
"Christmas Cookie Blues" opens with an ebullient pop-flavored rock melody riding a simple yet contagious groove. The pulse of the rhythm infuses the tune with retro-laced colors composed of yacht rock washes. Sparkling piano notes and a tamped snare give the harmonics a crunching resonance akin to Rice Krispy treats.
The vocals are rich and smooth, full of soft dulcet textures and fond reminiscent timbres. Doo-wah background harmonies bathe the music in Motown radiance.
The video, directed by Tyler Scheerschmidt, presents Ozzie and Harriet visuals, stylishly pristine and domestic. A gleaming kitchen and decorated Christmas tree provide the setting for the band, dressed to the nines, to play and sing about fond memories of a lost love. The music and the visuals belie the melancholic lyrics, giving the video a tongue-in-cheek sass.
Randy Radic is a Left Coast author and writer. Author of numerous true crime books written under the pen-name of John Lee Brook. Former music contributor at Huff Post.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Broke Royals (@brokeroyals) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Broke Royals: About Time ›
- Broke Royals - As Long As I Can See - YouTube ›
- Broke Royals return to Williamsburg for brewery's anniversary party ... ›
- Broke Royals - About Time (Official) - YouTube ›
- Broke Royals - Artists On The Rise - Southwest.fm ›
- Broke Royals | Free Listening on SoundCloud ›
- Broke Royals (@BrokeRoyals) | Twitter ›
- Broke Royals - Home | Facebook ›
- Broke Royals ›
If you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most.
Ask any Animal Crossing: New Horizons player which villager is their favorite and they'll probably tell you about a cute, cuddly animal who says sweet things and sends nice gifts (or possibly Roald, the chubby penguin who loves working out).
Roald is the best villager, no question.Nintendo
But if you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most. As it turns out, in a game filled to the brim with relaxation and joy, there's still a surprising amount of room for hatred, and all of it is directed at the absolute bottom-tier villagers who move into your perfect town with their ugly appearances and garbage personalities to turn your animal utopia into a rancid dump.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" Has All the QoL Improvements ... ›
- Did Nintendo Create COVID-19 to Make "Animal Crossing: New ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Is a Blueprint for Functional ... ›
- Raymond the Smug Cat and the Dark Underbelly of Animal Crossing - Popdust ›
- AOC Is Playing Animal Crossing & Responded to a Trump Troll - Popdust ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the Next Day in "Animal Crossing" - Popdust ›
- The 7 Fastest Ways to Earn Bells on "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" - Popdust ›
- Leif and Redd Bring High Culture to Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Popdust ›
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the best Animal Crossing game ... ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- List of Villagers Based on Popularity ›
- Create a Animal Crossing Villagers Tier List - TierMaker ›
- The 10 Cutest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | Game Rant ›
- Animal Crossing: The 15 Grumpiest Villagers, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- The 10 Weirdest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing: The Best Villagers Ever, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing Villager Species TIER LIST! - YouTube ›
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›