The new friends appeared together in the music video for "We Were Born to Play," the theme song for Universal Studios Japan's newest park.
In case you needed another reason to flee the country, Universal Studios Japan will soon be home to Super Nintendo World, a Mario-studded theme park opening before the 2020 summer Olympics in Osaka.
All good theme parks need an equally good theme song, but as we've previously discussed, Toad's singing voice might not be up to par. Nintendo called in Swedish DJ duo Galantis and anti-pop star Charli XCX to deliver "We Were Born to Play," the park's new theme song, complete with a lighthearted video to match. If you've ever yearned for an EDM song that interpolates the original Mario theme, this is for you.
The video features Charli standing on top of Peach's castle, sporting her own version of a Mushroom Kingdom princess gown. Up on the roof with her is Toad, and the pair of new friends watch as various random civilians get transported to a real-life Mario World. Complete with Goombas, coins, and Mario hats galore, it appears to be a perfect place to catch a break from the plethora of political and humanitarian issues plaguing the actual Earth. If Nintendo World looks anything like this, we'll happily jump down a warp pipe.
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ JAPAN: Galantis ft. Charli XCX - WE ARE BORN TO PLAY (Music Video) www.youtube.com
- Charli XCX does the theme song for Super Nintendo World Japan ›
- New Super Nintendo World Theme Park Details Revealed With a ... ›
- SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ JAPAN: Galantis ft. Charli XCX - WE ... ›
- Video: Super Nintendo World - "Galantis ft. Charli XCX - We are ... ›
- Super Nintendo World Japan: Hear Charli XCX & Galantis' Theme ... ›
- Nintendo unveils wild look at Super Nintendo World with Charli XCX ... ›
- Charli XCX and Galantis Drop New Song for Japan's Super ... ›
- Charli XCX and Galantis Celebrate Nintendo on 'We Are Born to ... ›
You'll never guess #1 (*wink wink*)
The 4th of July means you'll probably get plenty of time to watch movies about aliens.
Why aliens? Because it's Independence Day, silly: the day our forefathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, freeing the thirteen American colonies from British rule. As a nation of immigrants, one could argue that we're all aliens on this special day. So without further ado, here are the top five Alien movies to watch on Independence Day (*wink wink*).
- Why Bad Movies Are Better Than Good Ones - Popdust ›
- What Happened to Disaster Movies? Oh, We're Living in One ... ›
- The latest installment of the Alien franchise disappoints. - Popdust ›
- World UFO Day: The 10 best alien films, from ET: The Extra ... ›
- Scariest alien movies. - IMDb ›
- The Top 30 alien invasion movies, ranked | SYFY WIRE ›
- 10 great films about aliens visiting Earth | BFI ›
- Alien Movies Ranked From Worst To Best | IndieWire ›
- Best ALIEN INVASION Movie Trailers - YouTube ›
- The 11 Best Alien Movies on Netflix to Watch Tonight [July 2019] ›
- Alien Movies Ranked from Worst to Best | Collider ›
- Best Alien Movies | List of Top Films About Aliens ›
- The greatest alien encounter movies, ranked ›
New Zealand's greatest writer-director-actor has some big new projects coming up, but it's worth looking back at his previous work
A lot of filmmakers keep themselves apart from their work.
You can watch all of their films, learn to recognize their style and vision, and still be left with the mystery of who their creator is. That's not the case with New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi.