"Why keep my money in a bank when I can have it all with me, in a shoebox."
This is what Swag Mag Milli tells me when I ask him about his latest single, "Shoebox". Leading up to the joint album release of Max Babies, the two Maryland rappers, Swag Mag Milli and Luccho have been busy spending late nights in the studio. finalizing an album that is an ode to home and a way of life.
The whole concept of this album is organic. Swag and Luccho grew up together since they were seven on the same street the album is named for, available on Spinrilla today. The boys would keep the money they saved in a shoebox, and the idea for the song and video were born. It reminds me of the videos from the early 2000s done better. Better production, better visuals but an ode to the "just gotta make it, here's my story" videos that put many southern rappers on the map. Take a look at the video below.
- Check Out Kamiyada, an Explosive DMV Rapper Inspired By Punk ... ›
- 10 New DMV Rappers to Watch Out For | Complex ›
- Dmv Rap - Noisey ›
- Local Rapper Charged with Montgomery Village Murder « WPGC ... ›
- Top 25 DMV Artists To Watch In 2016 - BrightestYoungThings - DC ›
- Words of Wisdom from Rising DMV Rapper and Singer, GoldLink ... ›
- DC Chillin': 15 DMV Artists You Need to Know - XXL ›