We thought that Girls' Generation might bag the award for 'Video of The Year' at the first ever YouTube Music Awards, and we were right! The group's smash hit, "I Got a Boy," demolished some seriously stiff competition -- including Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, One Direction, and Demi Lovato. The winner was decided by official social media shares of a special version of the nominated video, and the "I Got a Boy" clip had roughly triple the amount that the rest did, so the victory wasn't actually much of a surprise to anyone who had been paying attention to the voting process.
Sadly, the losing fandoms didn't take too kindly to seeing their faves being beaten by an Asian act, and took to Twitter to vent their frustrations with a string of disgusting racist tweets. The only thing they accomplished was showing their ignorance to the online world, not to mention making the artists they were "defending" look bad in the process. Even the so-called "professional YouTubers" over at AwesomenessTV made ignorant comments in one of their recap videos, including an offensive remark about "Chinese food" that led to the vapid trio removing the video in question after receiving a swift backlash from Girls' Generation fans.
However, despite how sad this whole debacle really is, it was still kind of funny seeing who could say the dumbest thing, so we've gathered some of the worst tweets we could find and debunked them for fun.
The answer is: Tiffany, the member who accepted the award, IS American. She was born and raised in California. Also, her entire acceptance speech was in perfect English. What the hell was this stupid Lovatic watching?
Maybe because America was on SOUTH Korea's side during the Korean war, not the North's.
How can nobody know who they are when they're technically the No. 1 girl group in the world today? They've sold millions of albums and singles worldwide, they regularly sell out stadiums and arenas across Asia, and they've performed at New York's Madison Square Garden and Australia's ANZ Stadium. Not to mention that they've also performed on The Late Show With David Letterman, Live With Kelly and Michael, and France's Le Grande Journal. Everyone from indie darling Grimes and rising superstar Lorde all the way to Bill freakin' Murray knows who Girls' Generation is. It sounds like this Belieber needs to broaden their musical horizons a bit more.
"jo$h," how about you open your mind first and stop the racist cheap shots?
Girls' Generation is a South Korean group. What do they have to do with China?
Wow, schools really need to do a better job of teaching kids that China, Japan, and Korea aren't all the same place. Do kids today think that Asia is just one big country or something?
I REALLY hope that English isn't your first language, because if it is that would be really embarrassing for you.
Better than bribing YouTube with a bucket full of piss.
Porn videos games and video game themed porn are suddenly on the rise.
One of the biggest things that sets Millenials and Gen Z apart from previous generations is their relationship with technology, a common critique being that video games have replaced real life for many young people, particularly young men.
It's true that many 20-and-30-somethings began playing video games when their brains were still malleable.This was before psychologists began raising concerns about the effect it may have on the brain, concerns that are now backed by a mountain of evidence. Frequent video game playing has been connected to a myriad of issues, including decreased life satisfaction, loneliness, decreased social competence, poorer academic achievement, increased impulsivity, increased aggression, and increased depression and anxiety.
- Why Men Need to be Rescued from Pornography and Video Games ... ›
- Internet & Video Game Addiction – Your Brain On Porn ›
- Video Game Addiction - The Control Center ›
- 'The Demise of Guys': How video games and porn are ruining a ... ›
- Why Are So Many Guys Addicted to Internet Porn and Video Games? ›
- Groundbreaking Study Finds Video Game Addiction Is Linked To ... ›
- How Gaming and Porn Addiction Are Ruining a Generation ›
Back in my day, we just sang about doin' it.
When it comes to music, it's as if I have a boomer's soul.
Despite falling neatly in the middle of the millennial generation, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Bobby Darin, and the Everly Brothers–which is to say, I understand nothing. Why is Billie EIlish so sad? What does Lizzo dream about? Who said Ed Sheeran was allowed to have a career? What's "DaBaby?" And then there's Harry Styles. Oh, Harry Styles: a beacon of (maybe) bisexual boy band energy and tutu-wearing masculinity. I can dig it. But then he released "Watermelon Sugar." Rolling Stone greeted its arrival by saying "Harry Styles Yearns for Taste of 'Watermelon Sugar.'" They wrote that the "track has the singer nostalgic for 'that summer feeling,' yearning for berries and the taste of watermelon sugar." Aw, so wholesome, so sweet.
Ariana Grande - "Side to Side"
- Harry Styles Releases "Watermelon Sugar" Video - Popdust ›
- The Sexiest Songs of 2020 (So Far...) - Popdust ›
- These Are The Most Sexual Food Song Lyrics Of All Time -- Sexual ... ›
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs bring the sexual innuendo in “To Josh ... ›
- 'Til the juice runs down my leg: 23 songs that use fruit for sexual ... ›
- Episode 038 - Songs That Are Sexual Innuendos - YouTube ›
- The 40 Most Sexual Hits in Top 40 History | Complex ›
- 25 Surprisingly Dirty Songs That Rank Among Rock And Roll's ... ›
- 69 Songs You Never Realised Were Actually About Sex ›
- Songs About Sex Dirty Lyrics Hidden Sexual Innuendos ›
- 10 songs you didn't know were about sex the first time you heard it ›
- These Are the 13 Most Explicit Sexual Innuendos in Music History ›
- 52 Sex Songs to Add to Your Bedroom Playlist - Best Sexy Songs ›
- The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Songs to Have Sex To - Sexiest Songs ›
- 17 Super Sexual Songs That Will Make You Drop Your Panties ... ›