The producer allegedly bragged about sleeping with Jennifer Lawrence while sexually assaulting an unnamed victim.
Yesterday, a new lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein and the Weinstein Company was made public by TMZ in which the unnamed plaintiff claims that Weinstein followed her into a bathroom stall at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and masturbated in front of her. Weinstein then allegedly invited the actress to a number of movie premieres at which he repeatedly groped her and whispered lewd comments. At a separate event in March of that year, the suit claims that Weinstein forcibly performed oral sex on the actress while she begged him to stop. While she was crying, he proceeded to lecture her about his role as a producer, stating "I slept with Jennifer Lawrence and look where she is; she has just won an Oscar." At a later date, the producer discussed the incident with the unnamed woman, saying "don't be such a prude. I didn't even fuck you" and threatening her career.
A spokesperson for Weinstein had this to say:
"This lawsuit was filed and updated strategically with no notice given or any attempt to reach out to Mr. Weinstein's attorneys for one reason; It was meant to embarrass Mr. Weinstein and garner unchecked media attention. There is absolutely no truth to the malicious claims made in this lawsuit, and we are reviewing our options with an eye on filing for an immediate dismissal."
The statement continues, "Mr. Weinstein is embarrassed for Ms. Lawrence with whom he has only had a professional and respectful relationship, who has sadly been dragged into this ugly attempt at defamation. This filing further proves that anyone can say whatever they want in a lawsuit for maximum shock value, to defame and debase, without having to offer any facts or reality."
Matt Clibanoff is a writer and editor based in New York City who covers music, politics, sports and pop culture. He currently serves as Lead Editor for Gramercy Media. His editorial work can be found in Inked Magazine, Pop Dust, The Liberty Project, and All Things Go. His fiction has been published in Forth Magazine. -- Find Matt at his website and on Twitter: @mattclibanoff
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Jennifer Lawrence Says Harvey Weinstein Was 'Paternal' | PEOPLE ... ›
- Jennifer Lawrence and Meryl Streep blast Harvey Weinstein for use ... ›
- Jennifer Lawrence Slams 'Predator' Harvey Weinstein For Lawsuit ... ›
- Jennifer Lawrence: Harvey Weinstein Is a “Horrible Ass Boil” | Vanity ... ›
- Jennifer Lawrence on Harvey Weinstein: 'I Wanted to Kill Him ... ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›