As we've learned from recent events, One Direction fans—known as "Directioners"—are not a subtle bunch.
When the news officially came out that 1D hunk Zayn Malik was engaged to Little Mix's Perrie Edwards this morning, some of Zayn's fans—known as "Zayn Girls," because sub-fandoms also require a name—were naturally a wee bit affected. Let's just say that when a Directioner's heart breaks, they'll pop a caps lock in anyone's a$$ who tells 'em to calm down.
DONT TELL US ZAYN GIRLS WE ARE FUCKING OVERREACTING IF YOUR FAVE WAS PART OF AN ENGAGED RUMOUR YOUD FUCKING SHOOT EVERYONE FUCK RIGHT OFF
— broken (@MALIKSTURBATE) August 21, 2013
FOR THOSE OF YOU BRINGING UP ZERRIE CHILDREN PLEASE STOP BECAUSE IT'S HARD ENOUGH FOR THE ZAYN GIRLS WITHOUT CHILDREN TALK FUCK— sammy (@fondforharry) August 21, 2013
GUYS HOW DO WE KBOW THAT ZAYN GOR ENGAHESD WHAT THE FUCK THIS ISNNT OK IM IN HYSTERICS
— diana (@cakemaliks) August 21, 2013
zayn just friend-zoned the pure shit out of the whole fandom
— kimmers (@letstwerkharry) August 21, 2013
**THIS POEM IS FOR ALL THE ZAYN GIRLS IF YOU WANT TO CRY YOURE ALWAYS WELCOME TO TALK TO ME** pic.twitter.com/C15xwbZEYp— cel (@d4ylightafi) August 21, 2013
WHY DOES ZAYN HAVE TO BE THE KEVIN JONAS IN THE BAND AND GET ENGAGED FIRST DAMN IT
— mariam (@malikyourface_) August 21, 2013
Zayn and Perrie got engaged Liam told us to fuck off Can things get worse than this?
— Zayn/5 plz (@iZaynMaliksTeam) August 21, 2013
ZAYN IS GETTING MARRIED NO WHAT THE FUCK
— ~beyonce~ (@iloveyouzaynx) August 21, 2013
oh my god Zayn is engaged don't look at me
— 1D Updates (@1DUpdateCenter) August 21, 2013
Want to get into rock's most misunderstood subgenre? Here's where to start.
Has there ever been a style of music as misunderstood as emo?
Sunny Day Real Estate, Diary (1994)
- The 10 Most Important Emo Albums, From My Chem To Fall Out Boy ›
- Top 20 Emo Albums in History: Complete List - LA Weekly ›
- MEB's 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All-Time - Mind Equals ... ›
- The 11 best emo albums | Louder ›
- 30 essential emo albums from the genre's 35-year history ›
- Pitchfork's Best Emo Albums of All Time - Album of The Year ›
- 10 Emo Albums Every Music Fan Should Own | Consequence of ... ›
- 20 Emo Albums That Have Resolutely Stood The Test Of Time | NME ›
- The 25 Greatest Emo Albums Ever — Kerrang! ›
- 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All Time - Rolling Stone ›
And here's why.
You know those movies that have been parodied, memed, and referenced so much that you feel like you've seen them–but you never have and, honestly, why would you bother?
You know that at the end of Taxi Driver Travis Bickle may or may not hallucinate a violent episode, and you've seen people dress up in Robert De Niro's utility jacket, black shades, and weird Roman soldier haircut at every Halloween party you've ever attended. You know that Scarface's Tony Montana screams, "Say hello to my little friend" while wearing a suit with giant lapels and holding a machine gun. How do you know this? No, you've never seen the movie; the fact is that the sheer masterpiece of a few key scenes capturing the climax of a film can overshadow the entire production. Sure, you want to sit down to watch them "one day," but you just never get around to it.
- 25 greatest movie scenes of the last 25 years | For The Win ›
- Best Movie Scenes - Classic Movies ›
- The 40 Most Famous Movie Scenes of All Time | Best Life ›
- 36 Of The Greatest Movie Scenes Ever Made ›
- 30 Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Totally Unplanned ›
- The 25 Most Influential Movie Scenes of the Last 25 Years | Vanity Fair ›