What is the story with Holly?
Playboy Expose: Holly Madison
As Popdust previously reported, the now-35-year-old has penned a biting, warts and all expose on her life inside the Playboy Mansion, titled, Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny—and it portrays the octogenarian as a major manipulator and control freak, who was both verbally and emotionally abusive.
The fact that Hef sexually objectifies women and treats them as his possession to do with what he will, surely comes as little surprise to anybody, but the picture Madison paints is much more grubby, and overall, just….. well…..sad, really.
Popdust has selected the top 15 highlights—or perhaps that should be lowlights—of Madison's book's claims:
1. Hef is a hoarder:
As Tina led me into the bedroom, I stumbled over and weaved through massive piles of junk covering the floor. Ceiling-high piles of videotapes, stuffed animals, art and gifts littered the room.
2. Hef made his sons, Marston, 9, and Cooper, 10, sleep in Bedroom 3, with one of his girlfriends, when they stayed over at the Playboy Mansion:
Though they never stayed over when I was there, there were still toys scattered across the bedroom floor, which made for an incredibly odd and, frankly, creepy juxtaposition.
3. Hef would take photos of his girlfriends every night and have them delivered to their rooms the next morning, to ensure they understood the pressure to always look their best:
[The photos] only amplified the massive pressure to always look perfect and cause the girlfriends to spend hours critiquing their appearances.
4. Hef ran the Mansion like some weird cult and refused to let his girlfriends seek outside help if they were unhappy—Madison writes about one occasion where she begged Hefner to let her see a shrink because she was suffering from such bad depression:
He said, “No, I'm not going to let you see a psychiatrist, because they're just going to tell you to leave — go talk to my secretary about it." So I just started planning how I was going to see someone on my own. He's basically admitting that he knows the situation is messed up.
5. Hef had a strict 9pm curfew for all his girlfriends, and if they dared stay out later would throw a hissy fit:
[Hef] kicked his feet, mustered up some questionable crocodile tears (was he really crying? I thought), and told them if they wanted to 'stay out late' they could move out.
6. Hef refused to kiss his girlfriends during sex, would show no intimacy, and always climaxed by masturbation alone—Madison writes of their first sexual encounter:
Much to my surprise, my turn was over as quickly as it started. By the time I was able to wrap my head around what was happening, Hef had already moved on to Candice, then to a few of his actual girlfriends before finishing off by himself, as he always did. I have never had a more disconnected experience. There was zero intimacy involved. No kissing, nothing. It was so brief that I can't even recall what it felt like beyond having a heavy body on top of mine.
7. Once again with the masturbation:
I don't know what people think goes on in the bedroom, but it was always very much the same, and intimidating, and not something that I liked. It was a miserable part of my life. ... Two huge television screens projecting graphic porn lit up the otherwise dark bed. In the middle, a very pale man was tending to his own business (if you're catching my thinly veiled innuendo) and puffing on a joint before passing it around to the nearest blonde. The girlfriends, in various stages of undress, were sitting in a semicircle at the edge of the bed—some kneeling, some standing, some lying down.
8. Hef controlled what his girlfriends wore and how they looked:
Madison says Hefner had a strict dress code for all his girlfriends: "very over-the-top, sort of trashy outfits (think BeDazzled rhinestone bustiers and skirts so short there was barely a point in wearing them)" That he banned all girls from wearing red lipstick, which he said made them look, old, hard, and cheap… and that he would even control how long their hair was and what color it was dyed. She says that he also controlled any plastic surgery procedures the girls underwent, with the most common of those being (not surprisingly) boob jobs, nose jobs, and liposuction.
9. Hef also controlled their weight:
Madison recalls one occasion where Hefner berated Kendra Wilkinson for appearing to have put on some weight, and warned her to watch her diet.
10. The perceived “glamor" of the Playboy mansion is nothing but an illusion:
Madison claims the carpeting is stained with urine from Hef's nine dogs, most of the bedrooms had cheap, outdated and beat-up beds and dressers, and that some of the girls taped over vents so they could smoke crystal meth without getting caught.
11. The illusion also extended to gifts:
Madison says that Hef gave all of the girlfriends bunny necklaces, which were actually made of cubic zirconia rather than diamonds.
12. Hef keeps photos of every girl who has visited the mansion, and rates each one before filing away:
He would label them A, B, or C (based primarily on their looks but also on how scantily clad they were) before having them catalogued in his social secretary's office.
13. It's bedtime when Hef says it's bedtime, not before, and not after.
Madison claims that during the infamous mansion parties, girlfriends were allowed to dance only in front of Hef's table, were allowed to leave only to go to the bathroom, and that when Hef left the party to go to bed (usually around 1am) the girlfriends "had to go upstairs with him."
14. Hef loved to stir the shit amongst his girls and was a major manipulator:
Madison claims Hefner would suddenly change previously steadfast rules in order to favor one girl, purposely to cause trouble for her with the others, that he would regularly pit the girls against each other, and that he loved nothing more than to cause a major bitch-fest amongst his harem.
I learned Hef was the manipulator and that he pitted us against one another. I realized I wasn't treated well.
15. Hef treated his girlfriends as if they were were thick as shit:
Madison says Hefner would insist on mansplaining movies to her, "he would lean over to me to explain the plotlines and time periods in the most condescending of ways." And claims he steadfastly refused to ever discuss books, politics, or current events with her.
Meanwhile, Hefner has responded to Madison's claims with a statement to US Weekly—claiming, the model has rewritten history in order to stay in the spotlight:
Over the course of my life I've had more than my fair share of romantic relationships with wonderful women. Many moved on to live happy, healthy, and productive lives, and I'm pleased to say remain dear friends today. Sadly, there are a few who have chosen to rewrite history in an attempt to stay in the spotlight. I guess, as the old saying goes: You can't win 'em all!
- Holly Madison on Life in the Playboy Mansion, Kendra Wilkinson ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Karlie Redd Bares It All For Playboy, Debuts New ... ›
- Holly Madison reveals hell with Hef in Playboy Mansion | New York ... ›
- Holly Madison Details Hugh Hefner's Bedroom Antics at Playboy ... ›
- Hugh Hefner's ex-girlfriend Holly Madison tells of her worst moments ... ›