Any current or former college gal knows that college isn't always glamorous. Rushing to 8:00 a.m. classes, living in leggings and oversized tees, late-night cramming for exams, struggling to carry laundry up six flights of steps, and heaving around textbooks you'll (maybe) read half of - the list never ends. Not long into the school year, one thing became clear to my coffee-consuming, yoga-pant wearing self: I needed to add a little sparkle back into my life. A Starbucks latte a day wasn't gonna keep this surviving-not-thriving lifestyle away. Scrolling through my insta feed, I'd seen quite a few celebs advertise for FabFitFun boxes. I'd always been a fan of watching the unboxing videos but wondered if it was actually worth subscribing. One day, I decided to go for it. $10 off the first box? Let's go. A little pep in my step mailed right to my door.
Here are all the juicy deets: FabFitFun is a beauty and wellness seasonal subscription box. Four times a year, a box comprised of full-size, premium products at a $200+ value shows up at your doorstep for $49.99 to get you ready for the season and add some serious sparkle to your life. I fell in love with my first box, and have been a subscriber for over a year now, which means I've experienced every season of FabFitFun. At first, I was skeptical of the products for the price. Would I really be getting premium products? I used to stroll the aisles of Sephora in awe, wishing the products wouldn't break this college girl's bank. FabFitFun opens up the world of top-notch beauty and skincare brands to you for a reasonable price, while providing an opportunity to discover an array of new products. Past boxes have included products from brands like FOREO and Kate Somerville and are able to reach new consumers like you and me at a reasonable price- a win, win. FabFitFun takes "what a steal" to a whole new level. Here are a few of my favorite products I've received over the past year through FabFitFun:
Best Bang Per Buck
- 111SKIN Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask (Retail: $160) - Crazy that this product, alone, is worth over three times the price you pay for the box, but that speaks to the quality FabFitFun provides. A truly luxurious hydrogel mask infused with pure gold and rose damask extract - I love to use this after a long, stressful day.
- Vince Camuto Tote (Retail: $128) - FabFitFun gave me the bag upgrade I didn't realize I needed. A simple, yet elegant tote that's perfect for work (fits my laptop!) and casual enough for after work happy hours - this bag is now my everyday go-to.
- Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion (Retail: $40) - I never would've splurged on this item normally, but that's the beauty of FabFitFun.
Favorite New Finds
- Unplug Meditation Aromatherapy Diffuser (Retail: $25) - the ultimate zen experience; it diffuses essential oils while changing colors. I love turning this on every Sunday night to just wind down and mentally prepare for the upcoming week.
- Amika Hair Straightener (Retail: $80) - shiny, smooth hair with no damage... What more could a girl ask for?
- Alfred French Press Coffee Brewer (Retail: $20) - it says "But First, Coffee" - words to live by, especially as a college gal. If you prefer a cuppa tea instead, there was a pretty floral teapot option available during customization. Each FabFitFun box has a customization period prior to when they are mailed, providing you with a chance to select certain products and ensure the box is tailored to fit your taste and needs.
Ringing In The Season
- Fall: Mer-Sea & Co. Scarf (Retail: $48) - A heavenly scarf, a wrap, a blanket. So many options here.
- Winter: BB Dakota Poncho (Retail $70) - Neutral enough to complement any outfit, cozy enough to want to wear it every single day.
- Spring: Tarte Highlight & Contour Palette (Retail: $45) - Shout out to FFF for helping me achieve that dewy, glow after hibernating all winter.
- Summer: QUAY AUSTRALIA sunglasses (Retail: $55): I never heard of the brand but quickly found out that it's insanely popular - not a shocker since these are not only very cute but actually work when it's extremely sunny!
With each box tailored to the specific season, you receive a variety of products that will prep you for those pumpkin spice lattes and easy, breezy beach days. I noticed different FabFitFun products becoming integrated into my daily life, and realized the box provides little life solutions that make all the difference. When I need a restful night's sleep in preparation for an exam the next day, I spritz This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray on my pillow and place the Free People x Understated Leather Starry Eyed Sleeping Mask over my tired eyes and slip into a relaxed state of mind. In preparation for a night out, I'll use my Deco Miami lavender cuticle oil before painting my nails and the DOUCCE eyeshadow palette to create a shimmery, smokey eye. It's the little things that start to add up, that build a collection of full-size, premium products that are fun, fabulous, and lasting. FabFitFun provides a little dose of glamour and TLC right to your doorstep, just what every gal needs. Sparkle on, ladies.
UPDATE: For the first time ever, FabFitFun is offering 50% OFF the fall box! New Members, Follow This Link To Snag A Box Before It's Sold Out!