A little election night therapy for you.
In today's most obvious news, Idris Elba is the sexiest man alive.
Elba is known for playing Russell "Stringer" Bell on The Wire, his portrayal of Norse God Heimdall in Marvel's Thor franchise, and an ass that just won't quit. This fine selection is clearly People magazines attempt to atone for giving Blake Shelton — who wouldn't even be the sexiest man in your average Applebees — the award last year.
People reports that when asked about his reaction to the award, Elba said,"I was like, 'Come on, no way. Really?' Looked in the mirror, I checked myself out. I was like, 'Yeah, you are kind of sexy today.' But to be honest, it was just a nice feeling. It was a nice surprise — an ego boost for sure." It doesn't matter, just look at this picture.
Elba is PEOPLE's 33rd Sexiest Man Alive, a list that began with 29-year-old Mel Gibson in 1985, before he went all Charles Lindbergh.
According to People, when Elba isn't ripping cable knit sweaters, "he might be deejaying in Ibiza, kickboxing in Thailand, or designing his own clothing line, not to mention planning his wedding to his fiancée Sabrina Dhowre, 29, a model, to whom he proposed in February." If you had never seen or heard of Idris Elba before reading that sentence, you would undoubtedly still get a pretty accurate portrait of the extreme level of cool/handsomeness at play here.
Take a moment for self care this evening, and spend a few minutes gazing into those, "Let me just take the trash out and then I'll make us dinner, baby" eyes.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- As If You Needed Another Reason to Love Idris Elba: Actor Launches $40M Coronavirus Relief Fund - Popdust ›
Can you distinguish the truth from the lies? No Googling!
1. Woody Harrelson's dad was a contract killer.
ABC via Getty Images
- 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Facts You Didn't Know | The Quizzery ›
- #Shocking #Celebrity #Facts You Never Knew Before in 2020 | Fun ... ›
- 42 Baffling Facts About Strange Celebrity Behavior ›
- 19 Weird Celebrity Facts That Are 100% True ›
- 42 Little Known Facts About Famous People ›
- 42 Celebrity Facts You Won't Ever Forget ›
- 50 Crazy Celebrity Facts You Won't Believe Are True | Best Life ›
- Shocking Celebrity Facts You Never Knew: Quiz ›
- Top 100 Celebrity Facts | The Fact Site ›
- Weird Celebrity Facts Quiz - By Royals12Gordon ›
America's tendency to romanticize antebellum plantations is at odds with efforts to reckon with our dark past.
Warning: This article contains graphic depictions and descriptions of the horrors of chattel slavery in America.
Planning a wedding is among the most stressful things you can do.
Basically everyone you know will be there, judging your choices of clothing, hair, decor, food, music...napkin rings. Okay, so maybe most wedding guests aren't actually scathing critics looking for your every misstep, but for a day that's supposed to be one of the happiest in your life, there's a hell of a lot of pressure to get things right.
Now imagine that you found the perfect venue—charming and rustic, with beautiful views, and plenty of room for all your guests. Does it even matter what that venue is called? What difference does it make if that perfect spot is called Stinkpile Manor, or Festering Wound Estate, or Boone Hall Plantation…