Popdust investigates whether or not Garth Brooks is a huge Bernie Sanders supporters.
One glance at country singer Garth Brooks in his big black cowboy hat and signature goatee, and you know you're looking at a man who's got friends in low places.
Garth Brooks isn't a black-tie affair kinda guy. He's the real deal, a country boy just like you, drinkin' whiskey, burpin' loudly, and sellin' his music exclusively at Walmart for a while.
But Garth Brooks does more than just pander to the working class experience while raking in the big bucks. He apparently supports working class ideals, too, specifically the grassroots organization efforts surrounding presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. To show his support for the anti-establishment Sanders—who has been firing up a diverse coalition of voters with calls for Medicare For All and an end to billionaire exploitation of the working class—Brooks donned what appeared to be a custom-made Sanders jersey featuring the number 20, clearly implying "Bernie Sanders 2020." Very cool, Garth!
Now, there's an alternate reading to this that might ruffle a few feathers, and we don't want to project, but...
There is a famous former professional football player named Barry Sanders. So the possibility does exist that Brooks was actually wearing a regular Barry Sanders jersey and not a custom-made Bernie Sanders jersey. As painful as this might be to recognize, in the name of journalistic integrity we must consider the evidence and perform a thorough investigation.
Firstly, Barry Sanders played for the Detroit Lions, and Garth Brooks' picture was taken during a show he was playing in Detroit. And while this might seem coincidental, perhaps it's also worth noting that Barry Sanders number was also 20.
Using state-of-the-art photo analyzation software, we've also managed to place a photo of Barry Sanders wearing his jersey next to the picture of Garth Brooks. You'll notice that the jerseys are different colors, but the striped markings on the sleeves are alarmingly similar.
Of course, all of this could just be a coincidence, so we reached out to some experts for further research. One of them directed us to a website called "www.nflshop.com," where we discovered a grey Barry Sanders Jersey for sale that very closely resembles the one Garth Brooks is wearing in his Instagram post. It's not an exact match, but the similarities are jarring, to say the least.
We also cross-checked our data with an outside database documenting public sentiment. Here's what we found:
According to some of the most credible supporters of current president and coronavirus acolyte Donald Trump, the jersey most definitely does represent support for Bernie Sanders. Now, it's important to recognize that when it comes to knowledge, these Trump supporters are among the most informed people on the planet.
In conclusion, Trump supporters agree that Garth Brooks is the world's biggest Bernie Sanders fan who commissioned a custom "Bernie 2020" jersey for his Detroit concert. Phew, bullet dodged. Case closed.
- Garth Brooks Gets Called "Big Freaking Liberal Socialist" Because ... ›
- Trump Supporters Flip Out After Completely Misreading Garth ... ›
- Garth Brooks Fans Mistake Barry Sanders for Bernie Sanders on ... ›
- Garth Brooks Wears Barry Sanders Jersey, Trump Supporters Blast ... ›
- Garth Brooks' 'Sanders' jersey irks Trump fans on Instagram - New ... ›
- Fans angry after mistaking Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey for ... ›
- Fans think Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey is for Bernie ›
- Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey mistakenly bashed as support ... ›
- Garth Brooks gets ripped for wearing Barry Sanders jersey - Sports ... ›
- Garth Brooks ripped online by confused fans for wearing Barry ... ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›