Joe Jonas was spotted at Taylor Swift's concert in L.A. Thursday night, the second Speak Now show he's taken in this week, after heading over the Staples Center following the VMAs on Sunday. Jonas has said he doesn't write songs based on his life experiences the same way his famous ex is known to do, but there are many other reasons as to why Swift's one-time boyfriend was in attendance. Because his solo career is on the verge of fully taking off, maybe he was seeking a little live inspiration? Nobody handles a wardrobe malfunction quite like Taylor. Jonas could have also been curious to see if her L.A. cover songs fluctuated from night to night, or simply wanted to stage an awkward reunion—it wouldn't be the first one he's had this week. Luckily, you have an extra day to your weekend with which to figure this out. Use it wisely; start theorizing now.
Want to get into rock's most misunderstood subgenre? Here's where to start.
Has there ever been a style of music as misunderstood as emo?
Sunny Day Real Estate, Diary (1994)
- The 10 Most Important Emo Albums, From My Chem To Fall Out Boy ›
- Top 20 Emo Albums in History: Complete List - LA Weekly ›
- MEB's 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All-Time - Mind Equals ... ›
- The 11 best emo albums | Louder ›
- 30 essential emo albums from the genre's 35-year history ›
- Pitchfork's Best Emo Albums of All Time - Album of The Year ›
- 10 Emo Albums Every Music Fan Should Own | Consequence of ... ›
- 20 Emo Albums That Have Resolutely Stood The Test Of Time | NME ›
- The 25 Greatest Emo Albums Ever — Kerrang! ›
- 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All Time - Rolling Stone ›
And here's why.
You know those movies that have been parodied, memed, and referenced so much that you feel like you've seen them–but you never have and, honestly, why would you bother?
You know that at the end of Taxi Driver Travis Bickle may or may not hallucinate a violent episode, and you've seen people dress up in Robert De Niro's utility jacket, black shades, and weird Roman soldier haircut at every Halloween party you've ever attended. You know that Scarface's Tony Montana screams, "Say hello to my little friend" while wearing a suit with giant lapels and holding a machine gun. How do you know this? No, you've never seen the movie; the fact is that the sheer masterpiece of a few key scenes capturing the climax of a film can overshadow the entire production. Sure, you want to sit down to watch them "one day," but you just never get around to it.
- 25 greatest movie scenes of the last 25 years | For The Win ›
- Best Movie Scenes - Classic Movies ›
- The 40 Most Famous Movie Scenes of All Time | Best Life ›
- 36 Of The Greatest Movie Scenes Ever Made ›
- 30 Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Totally Unplanned ›
- The 25 Most Influential Movie Scenes of the Last 25 Years | Vanity Fair ›