Few artists care about every single aspect of their releases as much as Kanye West, and that certainly includes the album's titles—after following a logical theme for his first three LPs, he's gone increasingly out of the box for the last three. Now, he's gonna be laying it all out there with the title for his next album, if you believe reports from The Sun that claim that 'Yeezy wants to call the future-masterwork I Am God. "He also has a sense of humour though and knows how his self-indulgence is seen by the general public," explains a source to the rag. "It’s half tongue-in-cheek, half what Kanye probably feels is true.” Probably.
Of course, this is nothing compared to what the paper reports Kanye wants to call a different new release of his—his as-yet-unborn kid, first with celebrity girlfriend Kim Kardashian. The Sun claims that Kanye's name of choice for the offspring is "North," because it would make for a cool full name with "West," and also (presumably) because the mid-'90s Rob Reiner flop adventure-comedy North is one of Kanye's favorite movies. (Seriously, we wouldn't be surprised.)
Apparently, Kim's not super-cool with that name, mostly because it doesn't start with a "K" like the names of everyone in their family (including Kanye and even Kim's ex Kris Humphries—no wonder things didn't work with her and Reggie or Ray), but also probably because it's a pretty silly name. We like it, though we worry it may limit the kid to a life of just one orientation—and if he, say, ended up being a left-handed pitcher named North West, that would just be weird.
Plus, there must be some sort of compromise to be reached here, with the K names and the West puns. Why not just name him Kanye West? You know, like the famous rapper. That would be pretty funny.
It was always her dance floor.
Few artists have given as much of themselves to their fans as Lady Gaga.
Since being ordained queen of the nightclub (not to mention the pregame, the getting-ready-bedroom-dance, the drag show, and the summer night drive) in 2008 with "Just Dance," the hit single from her hit debut album The Fame, Gaga has continued to surprise fans with constant reinvention. She cemented her place as the pop-artist of a generation with Born This Way and even (as over-produced as it was) Art Pop, and then, shockingly, went on to release a jazz standard's album with Tony Bennett (Cheek to Cheek), a country album (Joanne), and finally become an Oscar-nominated actress for A Star Is Born. Somehow, she pulled off every iteration of herself with charisma and grace.
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande Share New Song "Rain On Me ... ›
- Lady Gaga Releases "Chromatica" Album Cover, Raises $35 Million ... ›
- Lady Gaga Leads the “Kindness Punks” in a Fight for Peace in ... ›
- Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK Share New Song "Sour Candy" - Popdust ›
Crucible needs to fail. Thankfully, it already is.
Boasting a massive budget, veteran talent sniped from some of the top gaming studios, and a gameplay experience tailor-made for Twitch streaming, Crucible represents Amazon's first major effort to break into the gaming industry as a first-party developer.
Presumably tired of just raking in all the money from third-part video games sales, Amazon, which straight-up owns Twitch, is hoping to replace streamer-favorite games like Fortnite, Overwatch, and League of Legends with their own. This is a major red flag for the future of video game streaming. A major company that controls advertisement space and means of distribution will most likely not play fair when they have their own content on the line, too. Amazon has already screwed over plenty of small business in all sorts of market spaces, and with their plans to create a cloud-based video game platform, it seems obvious that they're gearing up for a not-so-discreet monopoly in video games, too.
- Can Amazon's Crucible be the next star of Twitch? – TheSixthAxis ›
- Amazon Pushes Into Making Video Games, Not Just Streaming ... ›
- Crucible – can Amazon's new team shooter fuse the power of Twitch ... ›
- Amazon's Big-Budget 'Crucible' Is Putting Up Worse Numbers Than ... ›
- How to play Crucible, Amazon's free PC game that everyone's ... ›
- 'Crucible' Is A New Hero Shooter From Amazon Games — Here's ... ›
- 'Crucible' Review: Amazon Magicks Gaming Cliches Into Something ... ›
- CRUCIBLE: Amazon's FREE PvPvE MOBA/Shooter Hybrid Has ... ›
- Amazon's Crucible is a free-to-play multiplayer game launching May ... ›
- Games – Amazon Game Studios ›