And there was us thinking Kris Jenner is absolutely perfect!
Not so however—at least according to Jenner herself, who has copped to having made a “handful” of her share of mistakes over the years….. a whole handful! Who knew?!!
The mom-of-the year makes the candid confession during an interview with CNN style, during which she waxes lyrical about “the art of motherhood.”
Ah! Kris Jenner and the art of motherhood—let us count the ways of good mothering:
- Filming your pre-teen daughters as they work the stripper pole in your bedroom
- Brokering your daughter’s sex tape then parlaying it into a reality show for the entire family…. “As a mother, I wanted to kill her. But as a manager, I knew that I had a job to do,” Jenner said of the experience during the first season of KUWTK.
- Telling your daughter that she needs a nose job—when she is 9-years old.
- Berating your daughter for “damaging the brand” by gaining weight. "You don't care and it's really very very upsetting to me because I've worked so hard at creating what I think is a great deal for you girls and you're not pulling your end of the weight," Kris once told Khloe. "I feel like you could not chat about how many cookies you're eating in between meals."
- Strong arming your daughter into stripping off for Playboy, because, "they might never ask again” and the family’s reality TV show isn’t on air yet, so this will help make them famous faster.
- Making it crystal clear that you favor one of your children over all the others (Kim, duh!) "Whoever gives her the most percentage rights [is her favorite]," Khloe told Barbara Walters in a 2011 interview.
- Neglecting your two younger daughters in favor of your three older, [more famous] daughters
- Pretty much totally ignoring your son and focusing all your time and energy on your daughters
- Homeschooling your kids so they can focus more time on their careers
- Trying to out-sexy and out-do your daughters by posting sickening bikini selfies
- Permitting your 17-year-old daughter to undergo multiple plastic surgery procedures and date a 25-year-old rapper
- Putting money and fame above all else—never missing an opportunity to cash in, roping your children into endorsement deals with pretty much anyone that will pay enough $$$$, from diet pills, to laser hair removal systems, to hair extensions, to credit cards….and on…. and on…. and on….
Perhaps those digressions are among the “handful” of mistakes Jenner admits to in the CNN video? Maybe, just maybe…
“I feel like our family is a little mini United Nations,” the 59-year-old says. “Its just so great and, brings so much criticism sometimes, from people who just don’t understand, things gets crazy or chaotic, or you know, you’re just trying to get it right, and everyone makes mistakes, for sure.
“I’ve probably made, you know, a handful of my share. You just have to take what comes one day at a time. I’m a firm believer that God has a handle on everything, and that everything happens for a reason.”
“I think it's definitely a balance being a mom and then being a manager,” Jenner says later in the interview.
“When you do a reality show like we do, it’s kinda fair game. And I think that from the very beginning we just decided to let it all hang out, in order to have a great presence on the show.
“I think the focus has been, and always is, about the love, and the kids, and the grandkids, and just all about that. I will drop anything to do something for the kids, that’s personal, way over anything business…they know, that’s just the rule.”
Sure thing Mommy Dearest!
For more entertainment, world, music and pop culture updates and news, follow Max Page on Twitter