The "Good As Hell" singer is making good use of her platform in the wake of the coronavirus.
In light of the coronavirus making medical professionals work harder than ever, Lizzo has put her platform to good use by providing free lunches for hospital workers in Detroit this week.
The "Good As Hell" singer took to Instagram to share her support for those on the frontlines fighting COVID-19, posting a slideshow of them with their lunches and thank-you signs. Although it appears she wasn't present at the hospitals (hopefully she's been social distancing like the rest of us), she went on Henry Ford Hospital's Twitter account to explain why she wanted to lend a helping hand.
"You guys are putting yourselves on the frontline, so because of that, I wanted to treat y'all to a meal," she said. "We did everything that we could to keep it safe for y'all. Lunch on me! I love you guys. Thank you so much for being the heroes in this story." Your favorite billionaire could never.
Check out the posts below.
SURPRISE! @lizzo treated our ER staff at #HenryFordHospital to lunch today and shared a message of thanks to our… https://t.co/scWWqcHU4T— Henry Ford News (@Henry Ford News)1585617114.0
- Lizzo Buys Lunch for Healthcare Workers at Multiple Hospitals ›
- Lizzo Buys Lunch for Henry Ford Hospital Staff [Video] ›
- Lizzo buys lunch for University of Minnesota ER hospital workers ›
- Grammy-winner Lizzo buys lunch for hospital workers | WFLA ›
- Music star Lizzo buys lunch for Henry Ford Hospital workers | FOX 2 ... ›
- Lizzo buys lunch for ER staff at University of Washington Medical ... ›
- Food recommendations during COVID-19 outbreak | FOX 2 Detroit ›
- Lizzo buys lunch for M Health Fairview workers amid coronavirus ... ›
- Lizzo buys lunch for UW Medical Center staff and other hospitals in ... ›
- Grammy-winner Lizzo buys lunch for Dayton hospital workers ›
SahBabii, UnoTheActivist and more make up this weeks under appreciated releases
Juice WRLD's posthumous release, Legends Never Die, has already sold over 400,000 copies, putting it in the running for the biggest release of 2020.
Meanwhile, Summer Walker confidently returns with a sleek new E.P., Kid Cudi and Marshall Mathers unite for the first time, James Blake quietly dropped a shadowy new track, and H.E.R. added a splash of reggae flavor to her new track "Do To Me." While it was a big week for the mainstream, it was equally as massive for the underground. Upcoming mumble emcee SahBabii's released an infectious collection of wavy, levitative hip-hop, and the iconic Fresh Veggies duo of Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh return for their second outing. Check out the latest underground releases below.
Eat like a pop idol.
Chef Paul Wahlberg always knows when his brother, Donnie Wahlberg, is in town. How? A mass of fans will turn up to their Wahlburgers restaurant chain, signaling that the New Kids on the Block singer is on his way!
"I know Donnie's coming because the Blockheads come beforehand," Paul tells us. "The message gets out there, everyone comes and that unity is amazing."
Donnie and Paul teamed up with actor brother Mark Wahlberg to launch their first Wahlburgers in Massachusetts in 2011, and the business, now global, was also the focus of reality TV series, Wahlburgers.
- Will Pop Music Get Happier in 2020? - Popdust ›
- Find the Perfect TV/Movie-Themed Bar for You - Popdust ›
- BTS Makes Being a Korean-American Adoptee (a Little) Easier ... ›
- EXCLUSIVE: One Direction Takes The Ultimate Boy Band Pop Quiz ... ›
- When Is a Boy Band Not a Boy Band? When You Ask Them If They Are ›