Walmart kale theft...
A Florida man was arrested on Friday for simply trying to eat right.
Unfortunately, he wanted to look after his health without paying for it and was busted stealing kale and other salad items from a Palm Harbor Walmart.
It's not the first time Shane Stahl, 33, has targeted Walmart. According to the police report he has stolen from the superstores on numerous occasions, and on Friday he blatantly wheeled his trolley out without paying for goods to the value of $27.77—which apart from the kale included shrimp and croutons. He was planning a tasty supper!
Stahl, who is a resident of Tarpon Springs is being held in Pinellas County jail on retail theft charges—let's hope the food he's getting in jail is up to his healthy standards.
Just in case you're wondering what all the fuss is about, here are 5 health benefits to be found in kale (which is disgustingly bitter);
- Boosts metabolism—can aid weight loss (always a benefit)
- High in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals—more iron than beef!
- Rich in antioxidants—which can help fight cancer
- Activates detoxifying enzymes in the liver—great after a boozy night out
- Is lutein rich which can improve your eyesight—useful when you get to a certain age...
You can see why Mr Stahl was so desparate to get his hands on it!
Now kale is not the weirdest thing to be stolen from Walmart by any stretch of the imagination. Here are our top three Walmart thefts;
Walmart kale theft....