The 33-year-old ripped into Republican presidential hopeful, Mike Huckabee, over disparaging comments he made about her former Destinys Child bandmate, in his book, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy—Popdust has video.
Williams faced off against Huckabee during a segment on Thursday’s The View, taking him to task for criticizing Beyonce over her “sexually-assertive demeanor” and calling husband Jay-Z, her "pimp."
The 59-year-old tried his very best to back pedal as fast as he could, claiming, “I’ve had so much uproar over half a page in my book. I say she's the most amazing singer, great set of pipes, unbelievable dancer, and she doesn’t need to do songs like Partition and Drunk in Love in order to be an amazing and effective talent.”
But, Williams and co-host Rosie O’Donnell, were not going to let Huckabee get off lightly, and quickly read him the riot act.
“You can’t mess with the Queen Bee,” O’Donnell declared, before Williams took over, telling Huckabee exactly what she thought about his disparaging comments.
“As someone who has definitely come up in a group with her, has seen her hard work and who she is, I just feel like that album and those songs, it was that one moment where she decided to probably do some songs she has always wanted to do,” she said.
“To shed that ‘I’m a good girl [image]’…she had some freedom and she owned it and she took it. I was definitely offended—I’m not the Carter spokesperson - but to hear some of those comments that you said, I thought were very, very low.”
And, it wasn’t over once the cameras stopped rolling.
You go girlfriend—you've definitely got our vote!
Cats in tuxedos are here to lend you their strength.
2020 is on fire.
From the COVID-19 pandemic to the racist police epidemic to freaking murder hornets, let's just throw 2020 out. Yes, the entire year.
- Heaviside Layer ›
- Why Tom Hooper Is the Quintessential Director of the 2010's - Popdust ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Adoptable Animal: Tuxedo Cat Diana Is Dressed for the Ball | PETA ›
- 2020 Tuxedo Cat Ball Postponed - SAFE Haven for Cats ›
- What Exactly Is A Tuxedo Cat? Everything You Need To Know ›
- George Floyd protest arrests live updates from Minneapolis, Atlanta ... ›
- Protests Today Live: News Updates and Video - The New York Times ›
- A Tribute to Tuxedo Cats ›
- Fun Facts about Tuxedo Cats | CANIDAE® ›
- 8 Fun Facts About Tuxedo Cats ›
- THE Hachiware CAT wearing Tuxedo & socks – LINE stickers | LINE ... ›
- How do I get my cat to wear a tuxedo for several hours? - Pets Stack ... ›
In the wake of one of the most dramatic scenes of protest in American history, disinformation is blending with genuine fear
Over the weekend, amid nationwide protests of police brutality sparked by the killing of George Floyd, demonstrators in D.C. clashed with secret service and police outside the White House.
It was a dramatic scene that involved fires being set in the basement of historic St. John church—among widespread arson—and the exterior White House lights being turned off as President Donald Trump was moved into lockdown in the the White House Bunker. But by Monday morning the real events had been swallowed up in the heightened narrative of the supposed D.C. blackout, which claimed that all communication from the area of the protests had been shut down since around 1:00 AM.