America's most hated R&B singer is having a rough Friday.
A warrant is out for R. Kelly's arrest now that he's finally been charged with criminal sexual abuse.
The Cook County State's Attorney Office and Chicago Police held a press conference on Friday afternoon to announce that the 52-year-old singer is facing a class 2 felony of aggravated criminal sexual abuse – ten counts of it. Nine of the ten counts refer to victims between 13 and 16 years old. According to the complaint, four victims report that Kelly "transmitted his semen onto [her] body for the purpose of Robert Kelly's or [her] sexual gratification or arousal, by the use of force or threat of force."
The charges follow recent reports of a third sex tape featuring Kelly with an underage girl. High profile lawyer Michael Avenatti represents the unidentified client who turned the tape over to Cook County officials in early February. After said client and another woman testified before the grand jury this week, the Cook County State's Attorney moved forward with charges and an arrest warrant.
In a series of Tweets on Friday, Avenatti announced a 4 P.M. press conference in Chicago to discuss "details of the investigation." Avenatti recently told The Associated Press that he possessed evidence that Kelly and his inner circle bribed witnesses involved in his 2008 trial for child pornography (he was found not guilty). The lawyer posted on Twitter, "It's over," and "After 25 years of serial sexual abuse and assault of underage girls, the day of reckoning for R Kelly has arrived."
It’s over.— Michael Avenatti (@Michael Avenatti) 1550859435.0
After 25 years of serial sexual abuse and assault of underage girls, the day of reckoning for R Kelly has arrived.— Michael Avenatti (@Michael Avenatti) 1550860590.0
We will discuss our investigation, new evidence and new developments in the R. Kelly matter at our press conf at 4p… https://t.co/9m5niN9pas— Michael Avenatti (@Michael Avenatti) 1550861470.0
Kelly is due to appear in court on March 8, but reports say he plans to turn himself in to authorities on Friday night. If convicted, each count carries a maximum sentence of three to seven years in prison, and he would finally be forced to register as a sex offender.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- R. Kelly Storms Out Of Huffpo Interview Following Sex Scandal ... ›
- Sundance Adds Michael Jackson Sexual Abuse Documentary ... ›
- Publicity Finally Forced Kevin Spacey into Court for Sexual Assault ... ›
- Chris Brown Arrested on suspicion of rape - Popdust ›
- R. Kelly releases a 19-minute song called "I Admit" - Popdust ›
- Chance the Rapper Doubted R. Kelly's Accusers "Because They ... ›
- Bryan Singer Accused of Sex with Minors (Again) - Popdust ›
- Garbage R. Kelly's Garbage Former Manager Surrenders to ... ›
- R. Kelly Threatens to Sue Lifetime in Response to "Sex Cult ... ›
- New R. Kelly Sex Tape Could Result in Criminal Charges - Popdust ›