As expected, Taeyang has totally taken over the charts with his second solo album, Rise. Lead single 'Eyes, Nose, Lips' takes the top spot this week, giving the BIGBANG star the sixth solo No. 1 of his career. Further down, "Stay With Me" featuring G-Dragon debuts at No. 7, while the majority of the album's other tracks debuted somewhere in the top 25.
The other big new entry of the week goes to Davichi, whose new Brave Brothers' ballad "Again" arrives at No. 5. Unfortunately, by Davichi standards, No. 5 isn't all that great -- in fact, it's the vocal duo's lowest-position for a single since 2010's "Separating Twice."
Elsewhere, R&B singer Crush debuts at No. 16 with the Gaeko-assisted "Hug Me," while VIXX's "Eternity" slips ten spots to No. 17. One spot lower is SECRET's Hyosung, who remains in the top twenty for another week with "Good-night Kiss."
B.A.P's new digital single "Where Are You? What Are You Doing?" comes in at No. 27, while struggling boy band ZE:A continue to flop as their comeback single "Breathe" limps in at No. 34.
Speaking of struggling, 15&'s "Sugar" slips 36 spots to No. 53 in just its second week, cementing "Sugar" as a certified flop for the JYP vocal duo.
Check out this week's new K-pop hits below.
No. 1. Taeyang - Eyes, Nose, Lips
No. 5. Davichi - Again
No. 16. Crush - Hug Me
No. 27. B.A.P - Where Are You? What Are You Doing?
No. 34. ZE:A - Breathe
We're glad they're on our side.
The world is up against a seemingly insurmountable threat, but luckily, we've got a crack team of heroes on the case.
Sure, there's already the girl with super strength, the guy who can fly, and the anthropomorphic, trash-talking animal tailor-made for merchandise. But this is a threat of intergalactic proportions, and we're going to need all the help we can get if we want to survive.
- BTS Makes Being a Korean-American Adoptee (a Little) Easier ... ›
- The New BTS Single, 'Black Swan,' Is a Genuine Masterpiece ... ›
- The Strange Intersection of Korean Culture, American Fascism - Popdust ›
- The K-pop fans have sabotaged racist Twitter hashtags ›
- K-Pop Stans Are Spamming Racist Twitter Hashtags With Fancams ›
- K-Pop Stans Crash Dallas Police Department's iWatch App with ... ›
- Reply sections on Twitter are filled with K-pop videos. Here's why. ›
- K-pop stans spammed the iWatch Dallas police app with fancams ... ›
- K-Pop Stans Crashed Dallas Police App With Fan Cams ›
- K-Pop Fans Take Over #whitelivesmatter Hashtag, Drown Out Racist ... ›
- K-Pop Stans Continue to Take Over Racist Twitter Hashtags ›
- K-pop stans overwhelm app after police ask for images and videos ... ›
- K-pop stans are flooding right-wing and pro-police hashtags online ... ›
There's a new No. 1 song on the K-pop charts this week, with Gary (from hip-hop duo LeeSsang) and Jung In's new duet "Your Scent" sliding straight into the top spot. The song already achieved an all-kill on the real-time digital charts last week, which might have something to do with the fact that it's produced by hitmaker-of-the-moment Duble Sidekick.
Ballad queen Baek Ji Young debuts at No. 5 with "Still In Love," which is actually one of the weaker chart positions she's held in recent years.
Meanwhile, boy band VIXX debuts at No. 7 with "Eternity," making it the second top ten hit of their career thus far. The group's previous best was last year's "Voodoo Doll," which also peaked at No. 7.
One spot lower at No. 8 is INFINITE with "Last Romeo," while Yuna Kim's "Without You Now" rockets 32 spots to No. 9.
For girl group soloists, SECRET's Hyosung continues to do well with "Good-night Kiss," which actually climbs one spot this week to No. 13. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for T-ara's Jiyeon, who drops 10 spots to No. 27 with the moody "1min1sec."
Last but not least, JYP vocal duo 15& debuts at No. 17 with their sassy new single "Sugar," which by their standards is actually quite poor. It's the first time that they've missed the top ten, and with the song already down to No. 70 on the Melon real-time chart, there's little to no chance of it improving next week.
Check out this week's key K-pop hits below.
No. 1. Gary & Jung In - Your Scent
No. 5. Baek Ji Young - Still In Love
No. 7. VIXX - Eternity
No. 13. Hyosung - Good-night Kiss