It's the group's highest-charting single to date by far, easily beating the No. 36 peak of their 2012 debut, Whoz That Girl.
The No. 1 song of the week belongs to ballad king Sung Si Kyung's Christmas single Don't Forget, followed by A Pink who stay put at No. 2 with LUV.
Super Junior's Kyuhyun is still going strong with his solo single At Gwanghwamun, which is back up two spots to No. 3, while rapper Master Wu's Come Here featuring Dok2 and Bobby arrives at No. 8.
Meanwhile, trending girl group AOA continue to show staying power as their latest hit Like a Cat remains at No. 10 for a second consecutive week.
Last but not least is new female soloist Shannon, who arrives at a solid No. 32 with her first single Daybreak Rain. This is quite good for a rookie female pop artist, especially one from a smaller agency like Shannon.
Check out this week's top K-pop hits below!
No. 1. Sung Si Kyung - Don't Forget
No. 5. EXID - Up & Down
No. 23. INFINITE F - My Heart Is Beating
No. 24. BtoB - You Can Cry
No. 32. Shannon - Daybreak Rain
Back in my day, we just sang about doin' it.
When it comes to music, it's as if I have a boomer's soul.
Despite falling neatly in the middle of the millennial generation, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Bobby Darin, and the Everly Brothers–which is to say, I understand nothing. Why is Billie EIlish so sad? What does Lizzo dream about? Who said Ed Sheeran was allowed to have a career? What's "DaBaby?" And then there's Harry Styles. Oh, Harry Styles: a beacon of (maybe) bisexual boy band energy and tutu-wearing masculinity. I can dig it. But then he released "Watermelon Sugar." Rolling Stone greeted its arrival by saying "Harry Styles Yearns for Taste of 'Watermelon Sugar.'" They wrote that the "track has the singer nostalgic for 'that summer feeling,' yearning for berries and the taste of watermelon sugar." Aw, so wholesome, so sweet.
Ariana Grande - "Side to Side"
- Harry Styles Releases "Watermelon Sugar" Video - Popdust ›
- The Sexiest Songs of 2020 (So Far...) - Popdust ›
- These Are The Most Sexual Food Song Lyrics Of All Time -- Sexual ... ›
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs bring the sexual innuendo in “To Josh ... ›
- 'Til the juice runs down my leg: 23 songs that use fruit for sexual ... ›
- Episode 038 - Songs That Are Sexual Innuendos - YouTube ›
- The 40 Most Sexual Hits in Top 40 History | Complex ›
- 25 Surprisingly Dirty Songs That Rank Among Rock And Roll's ... ›
- 69 Songs You Never Realised Were Actually About Sex ›
- Songs About Sex Dirty Lyrics Hidden Sexual Innuendos ›
- 10 songs you didn't know were about sex the first time you heard it ›
- These Are the 13 Most Explicit Sexual Innuendos in Music History ›
- 52 Sex Songs to Add to Your Bedroom Playlist - Best Sexy Songs ›
- The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Songs to Have Sex To - Sexiest Songs ›
- 17 Super Sexual Songs That Will Make You Drop Your Panties ... ›
It looked like A Pink were going to land their first No. 1 single this week with "LUV," but the adorable girl group were blocked from the top by legendary ballad singer Park Hyo Shin's new single, "Happy Together."
"LUV" settles for second place, but A Pink can be compensated in the fact that all five tracks from their new mini-album managed to debut in the top fifty.
A few spots down, EXID's "Up And Down" jumps a huge 27 places to No. 7. As Popdust previously reported, the sudden popularity of "Up And Down" is all down to a fan-recorded video of member Hani performing the song's sexy choreography that went viral in Korea a fortnight ago.
AOA's "Like a Cat" spends a third week in the top ten at No. 10, while rapper LOCO debuts at No. 19 with "You Don't Know."
Ex-KARA member Nicole continues to struggle with her solo single "MAMA," which slips down to No. 80, but it's nothing compared to T-ara's Korean remake of the Chinese novelty hit "Little Apple," which debuts at No. 91 -- the lowest position of the group's career. However, considering that it's just a one-off special collaboration single that isn't being fully promoted in Korea, you can't really hold its chart position up to T-ara's official single releases.
Check out this week's new K-pop hits below.
No. 2. A Pink - LUV
No. 7. EXID - Up And Down
No. 41. MAMAMOO - Piano Man
No. 60. MBLAQ - Spring, Summer, Fall, And... Winter