We like you, but your genitals gross us out.
If you've watched BoJack Horseman, read recent Archie comics, or been rejected by someone who says they like you but your genitals gross them out, then you're familiar with asexuality—but probably not as familiar as you think.
A 2019 poll found that 76% of those surveyed weren't able to accurately define asexuality, despite 53% of respondents asserting that they could.
And that's fine. I can barely do it after years of research, and according to modern definitions I'm a full-fledged "heteroromantic" "asexual," which, according to Dr. Google, places me among an estimated 1% of the population who are incapable of feeling sexually attracted to anyone, regardless of gender or sex. Or, as Stefani Goerlich explains in sex-therapist-speak, "Whereas heterosexuals are sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex, and homosexuals are attracted to folks of the same sex, asexuals are [sexually] attracted to nobody."
- What Does It Mean to Be on the Asexual Spectrum? ›
- What to Know About Being Asexual - Health ›
- Everything you've ever wanted to know about asexuality - INSIDER ›
- Asexuality: How To Tell If You're Asexual, The Invisible Orientation ... ›
- Am I Asexual? - What Asexuality Means, Definition, and Signs ›
- "I'm an asexual woman, and this is what it's like not to feel sexual ... ›
- 10 Things you need to know about Asexuality – LGBTQ Life at ... ›
- What Is Asexuality? - What Is Asexuality ›
- LGBT, Asexual Communities Clash Over Ace Inclusion | HuffPost ›
- Asexuals Shouldn't Be Excluded From Queer Spaces, Especially Pride ›
- We Asked Asexuals About Their Relationship to Pride - VICE ›
Revisit old friends and make some new ones in "Toy Story 4."
Welcome back to "Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend."
This week, return to your childhood for the fourth time with Toy Story 4...or Child's Play.
Toy Story 4
Toy Story 4 | Official Trailer www.youtube.com
There's never been a Toy Story movie that's anything less than fantastic, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that Toy Story 4 is getting rave reviews, too. Toy Story has the incredible capacity to combine nostalgia with fresh, modern stories that continue growing up alongside the people who watched the first one in theaters as kids. This one looks fun and sad and hopeful, and I can't wait to watch it. This probably goes without saying, but Toy Story 4 is my obvious PICK OF THE WEEK.
CHILD'S PLAY Official Trailer #2 - (2019) www.youtube.com
Even amongst stupid movie slashers, Chucky has always been exceptionally goofy. Then again, that's part of the charm––watching a doll possessed by a serial killer ghost murder people. The new movie is attempting to reboot the franchise, and somehow, they're making the already dumb premise even dumber by making the Chucky doll some sort of media super controller. Why would anyone ever want to buy a spooky doll to control all their electronics? Who would that product be for? Movie victims, that's who. I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Anna Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Trailers www.youtube.com
It's John Wick BUT FOR LADIES. That's basically how this is being advertised. Assuming that's accurate, assuming this really is a female-lead action franchise with the unprecedented grace and beauty of John Wick, Anna could be amazing. Unfortunately, even the big action scene in the trailer seems to have some unnecessary quick cuts, and the lead's skewed face suggests the use of a stunt double. The review embargo (essentially a ban on reviews being published prior to a given date) worries me, too. My hopes aren't high, but I'd like to be wrong.
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am - Official Trailer www.youtube.com
Toni Morrison is considered one of the greatest living authors in the American literary canon and, perhaps more importantly, one of the most revolutionary black authors in literature. Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am is a documentary that places her and her works within the proper cultural context to fully appreciate her influence. It looks like a powerful work, and if you're a fan of Toni Morrison's writing, it's definitely worth checking out.
WILD ROSE | OFFICIAL MAIN TRAILER www.youtube.com
Singer/actress Jessie Buckley (Chernobyl) stars as Rose-Lynn Harlan, a Scottish convict and single mother who pursues her dream of becoming a country music star in Nashville. The trailer shows a surprising amount of heart, and reviews seem overwhelmingly positive. Overall, Wild Rose looks really good, so if you're in the mood for a serious, musical drama this weekend, this might be one to watch.
- BOX OFFICE BREAKDOWN | NYFF Darling Shines Bright - Popdust ›
- TOP 5 movies coming out this weekend. Friday, July 21st. - Popdust ›
- BOX OFFICE BREAKDOWN | Roar into the weekend with dinosaurs ... ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of March 22 ... ›
- Black Pumas Release Vibrant Single "Colors" Ahead of Album ... ›
- 10 Dos and Don'ts to Surviving Reboots in 2019 - Popdust ›
- New and Favorite Toy Story Adventures Now Playing at Disneyland ... ›
- Friday, June 21, 2019 ›
- Toy Story 4 on Twitter: "#ToyStory4 arrives in one month. Watch the ... ›
- Movies - Paragon Theaters ›
- Best Movies in Theaters in June 2019 – Top Movie Releases This ... ›
- Toy Story 4 Coming to Theaters June 21, 2019 ›
- Chris Stapleton is in TOY STORY 4, In theaters June 21. HEAR HIM ... ›
- Toy Story 4 | In Theaters June 21 - YouTube ›
- Walt Disney Studios - Toy Story 4 | In Theaters June 21 | Facebook ›
Voiced by Mark Hamill, the revamped version of the Chucky is actually a smart device gone rogue.
Chucky's back, but it's not his fault—Luke Skywalker is driving him to kill.
In the second trailer for the Lars Klevberg–directed reboot, we finally hear the killer doll speak. Voiced by Mark Hamill, the revamped version of the homicidal ginger is actually a smart device gone rogue. While the 1988 original explained Chucky's sentience with black magic, it's our obsession with technology that gives the Cabbage Patch reject the ability to maim, murder, and probably fuck with everyone's Wi-Fi.
A single mother (Aubrey Plaza) buys her lonely son, Andy (Gabriel Bateman), a high-tech Buddi™ doll. Produced by the "Kaslan Corporation" (clearly a futuristic stand-in for Amazon), "Buddi can connect to and control all of you Kaslan products." As the trailer flashes scenes of drones attacking heads and smart cars run off the road, Kaslan's eerie monopoly over consumers' daily lives spells their doom.
Child's Play hits theaters June 21. Buy your tickets on an app. We dare you.
CHILD'S PLAY Official Trailer #2 - (2019) www.youtube.com
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- 'Child's Play' teaser shows Mark Hamill's Chucky on the loose | EW ... ›
- Mark Hamill Voicing Chucky in Child's Play Remake | PEOPLE.com ›
- Child's Play remake image finally reveals new Chucky | EW.com ›
- 'Child's Play' Trailer With Mark Hamill as Chucky | HYPEBEAST ›
- Chucky Finally Revealed in New 'Child's Play' Image; Trailer ... ›
- New 'Child's Play' trailer marks Chucky's creepy return ›