Don't let your Boomer family get you down.
Thanksgiving has always been about food.
We suffer through the awkward small talk and often anti-climactic football games for the sake of the meal that awaits us at the end of the day, and even then that "meal" is representative of ethnic cleansing and genocide. But there are a few other pros that lay outside of gorging yourself on mashed potatoes. The holiday always falls on a Thursday, which means you always have a four day weekend. Black Friday is also the following day, so despite whatever infuriating experiences you may have on Thanksgiving with your family, you can at least rest easy knowing you can go out and buy enough stuff to numb the pain.
These reasons alone are enough to warrant celebration. So while you clench your jaw through what is almost guaranteed to be a painfully long afternoon, why not curate some music to help elevate your mood and remind yourself that a four day weekend of relaxation awaits?
"Thank U" By Alanis Morrisette
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Turkey Day Playlist - Music to ... ›
- Pass The Pie, Cherish The Day: A Thanksgiving Playlist : All Songs ... ›
- 29 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Music ... ›
- 40 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Dinner ... ›
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Playlist 2019 ›
The Canadian indie-pop outfit returns with an anthemic new single and their first release of 2019.
Fake Shark's new single is an anthemic shot of energy, the sound of the band closing ranks with an arena-rock feel.
The Vancouver group's latest release is their first since last year's Walking Through a Fantasy, and now, in an exclusive Popdust premiere, Fake Shark shares "Invincible," the next chapter in the band's story.
A staccato piano introduces the track, followed close behind by lead singer Kevvy's murmured vocals, racking up the song's tension. "Feel like I've been on the run forever," Kevvy confesses, just before the chorus arrives over echoing guitars and booming drums. Fake Shark's brawny sound tears the song open, while Kevvy's slick vocals promise that the band isn't going anywhere: "Invincible" is the sound of Fake Shark insisting on their own presence.
"We've been through so much together, and we're still here and we're not going anywhere because we've only just scratched the surface of our potential," Kevvy says of the story behind "Invincible." "We've all been to hell and back together, been hit with everything this industry can throw at us and we keep coming back." "Invincible" kicks off a new phase in Fake Shark's career with characteristic vigor, and it's anyone's guess what's next.
- Fake Shark on Spotify ›
- Fake Shark - Light Organ Records ›
- Label Obscura | » Canadian pop/electronic band Fake Shark set to ... ›
- Fake Shark – Wapiti Music Festival ›
- Fake Shark (@fakeshark) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Fake Shark (@FakeShark) | Twitter ›
- Fake Shark | Walking Through A Fantasy | Wake Up | Something ... ›
- Fake Shark - Home | Facebook ›
- Fake Shark - Cheap Thrills - YouTube ›
- Fake Shark - Heart 2 Heart | Sofar Vancouver - YouTube ›
- On Our Radar: Fake Shark has no interest in revisiting the past in ... ›
- Scene and Heard: Green Couch Sessions - Fake Shark - Real ... ›