With these shows you really can have it all!
Girl power is in, and women are building their brands and reaching new audiences. Delivered weekly, these women-run shows share stories of triumph, humor, and even fear. Podcasts make everything from commuting to grocery shopping fun, so listen up!
While this podcast is still new, host Cathy Heller is all about pursuing your dreams and committing to your creative potential. Don't Keep your Day Job is perfect for those struggling to balance their jobs and also pursue their passion. Check out Episode 2, "Turning your dream job into a reality" to see what it's all about.
My Favorite Murder is a comedy (no, we're not kidding). Hosted by two LA women looking to talk through their anxieties, the show handles true crime stories with intelligence, honesty, and most interestingly, humor.
Nerd out with Tricia Bodega and Greta Johnsen, the two hosts of the wildly popular podcast, Nerdette. With interview guests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson and episodes that focus on the X-files, Nerdette shows how cool being the nerdy girl can be.
Crying strangers can illicit a lot different reactions, but Susan Orlean and Sarah Thyre's podcast illustrates the number of things that can bring us to tears. Each weak guests ranging like Amy Poehler and Jenny Slate share something that makes them cry. The answer is it can be anything from a movie to "Baby Got Back."
Stuff Mom Never Told You is about "the business of being a woman." Analyzing how gender, race, and economic factors have affected female figures throughout history, this show is tailor made for any feminist podcast fan. Looking for an episode recommendation? Tune in to "Fat Bottomed Girls."
With a co-hosting dream team made up of The Daily Show's Jessica Williams and Broad City's Phoebe Robinson, 2 Dope Queens should be a part of every comedy fan's library. Their topics range from race to sex and focus on representing stories and people we don't often get to see.
Sophie Amoruso, the founder of Nasty Gal and author of #Girlboss, interviews different female entrepreneurs, creatives, and business woman each week. The show traces women from their first jobs and stumbles to big time success.
Whether you're building an empire or just looking to learn more about what makes other people tick, these ladies make anything seem possible.
- My Favorite Murder Podcast (@myfavoritemurder) • Instagram ... ›
- Summer's Surprising Hit Podcast: My Favorite Murder | The ... ›
- 2 Dope Queens | WNYC ›
- A Birthday Party With '2 Dope Queens' and One Jon Stewart - The ... ›
- #girlboss ›
- Girlboss® (@girlboss) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Lessons Learned From Sophia Amoruso's '#Girlboss' Movement ›
Even the most seasoned cringe connoisseurs could never have foreseen the sheer depth of cringe that Krist was capable of sinking to.
"Krist the 30 Year Old Boomer" is actually 37.
He tells us as much in his latest YouTube video, "I Am Done," in which he asserts that after "supporting the gaming companies for as long as I can remember," he is never going to buy another console game in his entire life.
- Keemstar the Grifter: Etika's Suicide and YouTube Drama - Popdust ›
- Joey Salads Peed into His Own Mouth, Now He Wants Your Vote ... ›
- Toxic YouTube Culture Leads to Another Suicide Attempt - Popdust ›
- Corporate Voices Get Behind 'Black Lives Matter' Cause - The New ... ›
- Watch: New YouTube video donates to Black Lives Matter funds for ... ›
- Fans to celebs, influencers: support Black Lives Matter or don't post ... ›
- When your child's favorite YouTube celebrity is a secret racist - The ... ›
- These Brands Aren't Staying Silent on Black Lives – Adweek ›
- Ex-cop urges 'lone wolf patriots' to attack Black Lives Matter activists ... ›
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO Support of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd ... ›