Her new song is a melancholic dance track with shadowy visuals to match
Australian dream-pop artist, Hatchie, revealed the visuals for her new single "Stay With Me" from her forthcoming project Keepsake. The 25-year-old singer (real name Harriette Pilbeam) has been steadily churning out lush, shoegaze bops since her excellent debut LP, Sugar & Spice, dropped in 2018. Earlier this month, Pilbeam shared the first glimpse of the album in a gorgeous single called "Without A Blush."
"Stay With Me" extends Hatchie's sound into gothic dance territory, pairing gauzy Cocteau Twins inspired vocals with a synth-infused Robyn sensibility. The Joe Agius-directed video even has a "Dancing On My Own" aesthetic, as the camera pans to Hatchie swaying amidst a sea of strangers in a neon-lit club as she sings.
Hatchie said of the video:
"'Stay With Me' was written as a writing exercise in an effort to step away from my usual style into something more fun and dancey. We originally wrote it with someone else in mind, but realized it was the perfect fit for my album as I wanted to expand into a different sound. It became one of my favourite songs on the record because I'm a sucker for crying-in-the-club tracks."
Check out the video below.
Keepsake is out 6/21 via Double Double Whammy. You can pre-order it here.
Sara is a music and culture writer who lives in Brooklyn. Her work has previously appeared in PAPER magazine and Stereogum.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Hatchie - Home | Facebook ›
- Hatchie (musician) - Wikipedia ›
- Hatchie : NPR ›
- Hatchie Announces Debut Album, Shares Video for New Song ... ›
- Hatchie Shares Video For New Song "Stay With Me": Watch ... ›
- hatchie (@hihatchie) | Twitter ›
- Girlpool and Hatchie New York Tickets, The Bowery Ballroom, 25 ... ›
- Hatchie Shares New Song “Adored”: Listen - Pitchfork ›
- Hatchie announces debut album, Keepsake, shares “Without a Blush” ›
- Hatchie Announces Debut Album, Shares New Song “Without a ... ›