We like you, but your genitals gross us out.
If you've watched BoJack Horseman, read recent Archie comics, or been rejected by someone who says they like you but your genitals gross them out, then you're familiar with asexuality—but probably not as familiar as you think.
A 2019 poll found that 76% of those surveyed weren't able to accurately define asexuality, despite 53% of respondents asserting that they could.
And that's fine. I can barely do it after years of research, and according to modern definitions I'm a full-fledged "heteroromantic" "asexual," which, according to Dr. Google, places me among an estimated 1% of the population who are incapable of feeling sexually attracted to anyone, regardless of gender or sex. Or, as Stefani Goerlich explains in sex-therapist-speak, "Whereas heterosexuals are sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex, and homosexuals are attracted to folks of the same sex, asexuals are [sexually] attracted to nobody."
- What Does It Mean to Be on the Asexual Spectrum? ›
- What to Know About Being Asexual - Health ›
- Everything you've ever wanted to know about asexuality - INSIDER ›
- Asexuality: How To Tell If You're Asexual, The Invisible Orientation ... ›
- Am I Asexual? - What Asexuality Means, Definition, and Signs ›
- "I'm an asexual woman, and this is what it's like not to feel sexual ... ›
- 10 Things you need to know about Asexuality – LGBTQ Life at ... ›
- What Is Asexuality? - What Is Asexuality ›
- LGBT, Asexual Communities Clash Over Ace Inclusion | HuffPost ›
- Asexuals Shouldn't Be Excluded From Queer Spaces, Especially Pride ›
- We Asked Asexuals About Their Relationship to Pride - VICE ›
"Be honest with yourself. Seek God in your own way."
For six years, Ravahn performed under the name DUVV, but the moniker always felt like a mask.
Now, she's releasing music using her real name and exploring a more honest identity through her work and her art.
The Things We've Done/The Love We Need her latest two-song EP, allows Ravahn to show off her production skills as well as her vocal stylings. Her soft, breathy voice soars over glittering electric beats, creating hypnotic, cosmic soundscapes. Reminiscent of Grimes and FKA twigs' intricate, cyborgian alternative stylings, Ravahn's EP is a masterclass in world-building, alternatively sultry, subdued, and reverent.
- Algee Smith Talks New Film & New Music - Popdust ›
- All the Best New Music for Your Weekend (That Isn't The Jonas ... ›
- Lorde Gives Updates on New Music - Popdust ›
- Is Katy Perry Already Working On New Music? - Popdust ›
- Frank Ocean Teases New Music has Tumblr Hacked - Popdust ›
- Fresh Music Friday: 5 New Songs For Your Weekend - Popdust ›
- Everything You Need to Know About "Turnt," This Year's Worst New ... ›
- Phoebe Bridgers Debuts New Music, Discusses New Album - Popdust ›
- Sia And Maddie Ziegler: New Music Video For "Together" - Popdust ›
- Best TV Shows to Discover New Music - Popdust ›