Don't let your Boomer family get you down.
Thanksgiving has always been about food.
We suffer through the awkward small talk and often anti-climactic football games for the sake of the meal that awaits us at the end of the day, and even then that "meal" is representative of ethnic cleansing and genocide. But there are a few other pros that lay outside of gorging yourself on mashed potatoes. The holiday always falls on a Thursday, which means you always have a four day weekend. Black Friday is also the following day, so despite whatever infuriating experiences you may have on Thanksgiving with your family, you can at least rest easy knowing you can go out and buy enough stuff to numb the pain.
These reasons alone are enough to warrant celebration. So while you clench your jaw through what is almost guaranteed to be a painfully long afternoon, why not curate some music to help elevate your mood and remind yourself that a four day weekend of relaxation awaits?
"Thank U" By Alanis Morrisette
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Turkey Day Playlist - Music to ... ›
- Pass The Pie, Cherish The Day: A Thanksgiving Playlist : All Songs ... ›
- 29 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Music ... ›
- 40 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Dinner ... ›
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Playlist 2019 ›
Have you ever noticed that Disney's lions were weirdly pretty in the original? Why? They're lions.
With Beyonce and Donald Glover as the voices of Simba and Nala, Disney's remake of The Lion King uses movie-making magic to create photo-realistic animals that are nearly as pretty as its leads.
But look back at the 1994 original, and Disney always had a penchant for illustrating animals with weirdly attractive features. In the upcoming remake, Jon Favreau also directs an impressive cast of comedians who capture the beloved oafishness of Pumbaa (Seth Rogan), high energy of Timon (Billy Eichner), and neuroticism of Zazu (John Oliver). As the voice of Scar, Chiwetel Ejiofor sounds dramatically menacing, even if he doesn't have the absolutely chilling voice of Jeremy Irons.
In the most recent trailer, baby Simba bonds with Mufasa (voiced by James Earl Jones in a blessed reprisal of the 90s' best father figure), Scar is a dick, and Nala is a weirdly pretty lion. Wait for the very last seconds of the trailer, and you hear a snippet of Seth Rogan and Billy Eichner singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight."
As the latest of more than 20 remakes slated for production, Disney's mostly CGI "live-action" reboot is sure to be a mind-bending dose of nostalgia. The Lion King hits theaters July 19th, 2019.
The Lion King Official Trailer youtu.be
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- The Lion King trailer breaks preview viewing records for Disney | EW ... ›
- 'The Lion King' trailer hypes the remake that's out in 100 days: Watch ›
- The Lion King 2019 trailer animation is worse than the original ... ›
- The first full-length trailer for Disney's live action 'Lion King' ›
- 'Lion King' just dropped a new trailer, and it looks stunning: Watch ›
- 'The Lion King': Disney Drops First Full Trailer – Variety ›