They all died at the age of 27.
After a slew of celebs died three years short of their 30th birthday, people started to see a pattern—which is not surprising given the evidence—and, that’s when the 27 club became a thing.
Since that time, others have unwittingly joined the tragic club, such as British soul singer, Amy Winehouse—who died in July 2011. Sadly, the most shocking thing about the long time drug addict's sudden death, was that it wasn't from a heroin overdose, but, rather, alcohol poisoning.
From drug overdoses, to suicides, to heart attacks, to car crashes, to gun battles, each member of the 27 club's death was equally tragic—and the world was left a sadder place without their unique talents.
And, one thing's for certain, if I were a celebrity, I wouldn't be looking forward to my 27th birthday…
Check out Popdust's gallery of the 27 Club members...
Can you distinguish the truth from the lies? No Googling!
1. Woody Harrelson's dad was a contract killer.
ABC via Getty Images
- 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Facts You Didn't Know | The Quizzery ›
- #Shocking #Celebrity #Facts You Never Knew Before in 2020 | Fun ... ›
- 42 Baffling Facts About Strange Celebrity Behavior ›
- 19 Weird Celebrity Facts That Are 100% True ›
- 42 Little Known Facts About Famous People ›
- 42 Celebrity Facts You Won't Ever Forget ›
- 50 Crazy Celebrity Facts You Won't Believe Are True | Best Life ›
- Shocking Celebrity Facts You Never Knew: Quiz ›
- Top 100 Celebrity Facts | The Fact Site ›
- Weird Celebrity Facts Quiz - By Royals12Gordon ›
The hit musical will drop on Disney+ July 3rd.
Lin Manuel-Miranda's Hamilton has taken the theater world by storm since its 2015 Broadway premiere.
A hip-hop musical about America's founding fathers doesn't sound immediately appealing, but Manuel-Miranda's brilliant song writing and diverse casting not only captured the attention of audiences, but proved that major change is possible within an art form as encumbered by traditions as musical theater.