Some people are just meant to be profiled for magazine features. Rick Ross, hip-hop hustler extraordinaire, is undoubtedly one of these people. Rozay's recent profile in GQ magazine, written and experienced with Get-on-the-Bus gusto by Devin Friedman, is simply one of the year's most essential hip-hop reads. The Boss's exorbitant lifestyle, filled with hand-delivered diamond-encrusted watches, promotional strip club appearances with thousands of 1's, and ungodly amounts of marijuana, obviously makes for a hell of a journalistic setting, but the man himself also makes for a dynamite quote machine. Here's ten of his better soundbytes, presented with minimal context:
10. "Man, you need to stay in touch with your marijuana more often. You know what I'm saying?"
9. "I may come down here to record ten records over two or three days...I just have my homeys or whatever bringing me the best food. I smoke the best weed. I get the best massages...I keep myself in shit like this."
8. "The rose gold [watch] look like pink champagne!...Rosé! You want to drink that dial."
7. "I sent one of my homeys ahead to get some bottles and some singles [for the strip club]...On a cool night like this? Probably start out with $10,000 in singles."
6. "That's one of my boss rules. It feels good to be somebody!"
5. "Forty carats! Let all the kids know: Maybach Music!"
4. "Cannes...That was my first time going there. Took the team over, ended up fucking around, getting some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, going to the Eden Roc, kicking it with a few homeys. Shout-out to Leonardo DiCaprio."
3. "I like that Egypt bitch...She have soft edges."
2. "How the fuck that [Anthony Weiner] shit get out? Chicks send me pictures...And I appreciate it! I love all of them. But I don't do that shit. I'm the Boss...Real niggas don't send dick flicks."
1. "You see anything you want to fuck with, compliments of Rick Ross?"