Bet you didn't think Tony Bennett would make too many pop headlines before the Grammys, right? Turns out performing with a wide swath of the musical landscape, from highly to tangentially pop, is an excellent way to make that happen. Making that album debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 also can't hurt; neither can being an artist with the stature of, let's see, Tony Bennett. The latest news: a PBS special, part of the Great Performances series, with lots of Duets II partners on board.
Here's the current list of artists confirmed for the special, which airs on Jan. 27, 9 p.m., along with their tracks from Duets II.
* Michael Buble - "I Wanna Be Around"
* Sheryl Crow - "The Girl I Love"
* Josh Groban - "This Is All I Ask"
* Faith Hill - "The Way You Look Tonight"
* Norah Jones - "Speak Tonight"
* k.d. lang - "Blue Velvet"
* Queen Latifah - "Who Can I Turn To"
* John Mayer - "One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)"
* Willie Nelson - "On The Sunny Side Of The Street"
* Alejandro Sanz - "Yesterday I Heard The Rain"
* Carrie Underwood - "It Had To Be You"
(PBS's site, for the record, lists more names than this in the song program, but considering that one of those names is Amy Winehouse, we're somewhat skeptical.)