The definitive ranking of the top three dumbest, silliest, and lamest things said by public figures over the past week.
Welcome to Popdust's worst quotes of the week: our definitive ranking of the top three dumbest, s**ttiest, and just generally lame things said by public figures over the past seven days.
3. Donald Trump
"That guy's got a serious weight problem. Go home. Start exercising."
In what might go down in history as the most ironic insult ever made, Donald Trump, a man sporting the exact body proportions of a kumquat and some very bizarre ideas about exercise, made fun of another man for being fat. Wanna know the best part? That other man was one of his supporters. Or maybe the best part is that it's on video:
Basically, Trump mistook one of his supporters for a protester and doled out one of his famous Trumpian insults honing in on the lowest-hanging fruit possible. All's well that ends well though, because being insulted by Donald Trump was apparently a dream come true for Frank Dawson, the out-of-shape man who Trump targeted.
"I think he thought I was part of it, but I wasn't. I was the good part of it," Dawson told Fox News during a barely literate interview. "Everything is good. I love the guy. He is the best thing that ever happened to this country."
It's amazing to watch Trump straight-up savage this man's physical appearance, only for the man to turn around and heap praise upon him. If you ever wondered if the Right's obsession with the term "cuck" was projection, look no further than Frank Dawson.
2. Liu Yifei
"I support the Hong Kong police; you can beat me up now. What a shame for Hong Kong." Hashtag: "I Also Support The Hong Kong Police," alongside a heart and bicep flex emoji.
At first glance, Liu Yifei (who stars as Mulan in the upcoming live-action Disney remake) just seems to be sharing some average, run-of-the-mill, pro-Chinese communist propaganda in favor of police brutality against protesters in Hong Kong. But upon closer inspection, this one's a deep, dark rabbit hole that potentially reveals an effort by the Chinese government to force celebrities into publicly promoting party policies.
Unfortunately for Disney, Mulan might be a hard sell in the West if people think that the actress attempting to subvert expectations of women onscreen is drawing from her real life experience of subverting expectations by supporting literal human-rights abuses. Then again, it's hard to fault her too much, considering the Chinese government's history of targeting the families of expats who don't comply with their political wishes.
Luckily, Mulan is sure to make back its losses with the full support of The People's Republic of China, who will probably suggest that everyone needs to buy a ticket opening night, lest they be forced to publicly "embarrass" themselves.
3. Steve King
Pictured: An actual troglodyteJOSHUA LOTT/ GETTY IMAGES
"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"
If a necromancer brought the corpse of a serial rapist back to life, but its p-nis had already decomposed so it had to get off solely through talking about rape, that would be Republican Congressman Steve King. The man is a literal ghoul, and he's also very, very racist.
Steve King believes abortion is so bad that he excuses raping people. Steve King thinks human life is so precious that he condones people raping their siblings. Steve King adheres to Catholicism so strongly that he's willing to stand up in front of an entire club of fellow conservative folks and tell them how rape and incest have made the human race what it is today, and that if we got rid of it, he might not exist .
In short, Steve King is a wonderful representative of the 4th Congressional District of Iowa.
- Disney Mulan star Liu Yifei, Jackie Chan slammed for comments on ... ›
- "Mulan" Star Liu Yifei Supports Hong Kong Police, Prompting Calls ... ›
- Disney Boycott Brews Over 'Mulan' Star's Pro-Hong Kong Police ... ›
- Disney's Mulan faces boycott calls after star Crystal Liu Yifei backs ... ›
- #BoycottMulan Trends After Disney Star Liu Yifei Seemingly ... ›
- 'Mulan' faces boycott after Liu Yifei supports Hong Kong police ›
- Mulan live-action remake faces boycott after star Liu Yifei shows ... ›
- 'Mulan's Liu Yifei Hong Kong Police Support Sparks #BoycottDisney ... ›
Cats in tuxedos are here to lend you their strength.
2020 is on fire.
From the COVID-19 pandemic to the racist police epidemic to freaking murder hornets, let's just throw 2020 out. Yes, the entire year.
- Heaviside Layer ›
- Why Tom Hooper Is the Quintessential Director of the 2010's - Popdust ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Adoptable Animal: Tuxedo Cat Diana Is Dressed for the Ball | PETA ›
- 2020 Tuxedo Cat Ball Postponed - SAFE Haven for Cats ›
- What Exactly Is A Tuxedo Cat? Everything You Need To Know ›
- George Floyd protest arrests live updates from Minneapolis, Atlanta ... ›
- Protests Today Live: News Updates and Video - The New York Times ›
- A Tribute to Tuxedo Cats ›
- Fun Facts about Tuxedo Cats | CANIDAE® ›
- 8 Fun Facts About Tuxedo Cats ›
- THE Hachiware CAT wearing Tuxedo & socks – LINE stickers | LINE ... ›
- How do I get my cat to wear a tuxedo for several hours? - Pets Stack ... ›
In the wake of one of the most dramatic scenes of protest in American history, disinformation is blending with genuine fear
Over the weekend, amid nationwide protests of police brutality sparked by the killing of George Floyd, demonstrators in D.C. clashed with secret service and police outside the White House.
It was a dramatic scene that involved fires being set in the basement of historic St. John church—among widespread arson—and the exterior White House lights being turned off as President Donald Trump was moved into lockdown in the the White House Bunker. But by Monday morning the real events had been swallowed up in the heightened narrative of the supposed D.C. blackout, which claimed that all communication from the area of the protests had been shut down since around 1:00 AM.