It's the ultimate relationship dilemma. You and your S.O. get home from work seriously starving, but you can never decide what to have for dinner!
My husband, Zack, and I used to just land on Seamless after bickering for twenty minutes or so. Ordering seemed so simple, but became too expensive to maintain, and made it easy for us to overeat. Let's be honest, does anyone really save the rest of that pad thai for lunch the next day? That's why we were so excited when our friends started inviting us over for home cooked meals—something that was missing from our lives.
We had no idea our friends Ryan and Julie liked to cook, or had time to think up a recipe and food shop on their commute home to start cooking! For me, it just wouldn't happen. Turns out Ryan and Julie get their recipes and ingredients sent to them by HelloFresh, the meal kit delivery service that lets you to cook simple, pre-planned recipes at home without having to hit the grocery store. (Score!) My friends had been singing its praises too, and after all the rave reviews flying around, I finally signed up.
The first recipe was simple to prepare, and simply delicious: Winner Winner Chicken and Orzo dinner, which Zack and I had a lot of fun cooking together. I sliced the zucchini, tomatoes and mozzarella, and roasted them on a baking sheet, Zack cooked the orzo, and I butterflied and seasoned the chicken, which was super easy. Just cut, season, olive oil the pan, and sear. We sprinkled everything with Parmesan upon plating (also included in the shipment), and voilà: A deliciously fresh, home cooked meal in less than 30 minutes!
I felt fulfilled from prep to plating to eating. Doing something for our bodies and our minds (rather than binging on chips and Netflix) was a much better way to spend our time together. It motivates me to cook meals each week, which has made our home a happier one.
Here's how it works: when you sign up, select the number you'll be cooking for and your dietary preferences. I subscribe to the 2-Person Plan, which gets me a large box each week each with 3 inventive meals delivered to our door. We're a silly couple so when I'm cooking, Zack sometimes chants: "babes is in the kitchen." I summon him over to help a bit, but I like to do most of it on my own. You can also opt to skip shipments, which is easy to do on their site, and you can cancel at anytime. But as soon as I got into the habit and the fun of cooking, I didn't want to stop because it became a part of a healthier and happier routine. It's exciting, keeps my hands busy, and it becomes a fun activity whether I'm cooking for myself, or cooking for more. Sometimes, I throw on some music and flip some veggies in a pan (cha, cha, cha).
After using the service for months, we're totally sold. We now eat at the table like adults, and found a way to spend quality time together. I don't know if we can take full credit for how excellent the meals are, but we're certainly proud of what we're cooking and eating. Days we cook with HelloFresh are better than days when we don't. That's how I know the service was right for us.
Update: HOLIDAY SALE! The folks at HelloFresh are extending a special offer to our readers! Follow this link to get 10 meals free including free shipping!
Offer Expires In
If you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most.
Ask any Animal Crossing: New Horizons player which villager is their favorite and they'll probably tell you about a cute, cuddly animal who says sweet things and sends nice gifts (or possibly Roald, the chubby penguin who loves working out).
Roald is the best villager, no question.Nintendo
But if you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most. As it turns out, in a game filled to the brim with relaxation and joy, there's still a surprising amount of room for hatred, and all of it is directed at the absolute bottom-tier villagers who move into your perfect town with their ugly appearances and garbage personalities to turn your animal utopia into a rancid dump.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" Has All the QoL Improvements ... ›
- Did Nintendo Create COVID-19 to Make "Animal Crossing: New ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Is a Blueprint for Functional ... ›
- Raymond the Smug Cat and the Dark Underbelly of Animal Crossing - Popdust ›
- AOC Is Playing Animal Crossing & Responded to a Trump Troll - Popdust ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the Next Day in "Animal Crossing" - Popdust ›
- The 7 Fastest Ways to Earn Bells on "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" - Popdust ›
- Leif and Redd Bring High Culture to Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Popdust ›
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the best Animal Crossing game ... ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- List of Villagers Based on Popularity ›
- Create a Animal Crossing Villagers Tier List - TierMaker ›
- The 10 Cutest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | Game Rant ›
- Animal Crossing: The 15 Grumpiest Villagers, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- The 10 Weirdest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing: The Best Villagers Ever, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing Villager Species TIER LIST! - YouTube ›
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›