Any current or former college gal knows that college isn't always glamorous.
Rushing to 8:00 a.m. classes, living in leggings and oversized tees, late-night cramming for exams, struggling to carry laundry up six flights of steps, accidentally blowing half your dining hall budget in the first week, and heaving around textbooks you'll (maybe) read half of - the list never ends.
Not long into the school year, one thing became clear to my coffee-consuming, yoga-pant wearing self: I needed to add a little sparkle back into my life. A Starbucks latte a day wasn't gonna keep this surviving-not-thriving lifestyle away.
I was in line at the post office when I saw a girl from my econ class carrying out a big package. Another girl asked her about it, and she said it was her new FabFitFun box - she was expecting new makeup, a coffee brewer, and some other surprises. Umm...how do I get surprises like that in the mail, and how she is able to afford all this stuff?
Later that week, in class, I asked her what else came in the box - she told me about goodies from companies like GLAMGLOW, S'well, Anthropologie, and OUAI, then sent me a $10 off code to get my own FabFitFun box to try! It was only $39.99 to get my first box, and she said all the items total to well over $200! Let's goooo!!
FabFitFun took "what a steal" to a whole new level. And after a year of subscribing, I'm officially a FabFitFun lifer. Here are a few of my favorite products I've received over the past year:
Best Bang For Your Buck
- 111SKIN Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask (Retail: $160) - Crazy that this product, alone, is worth over 3x the price you pay for the box. It's a truly luxurious hydrogel mask infused with pure gold and rose damask extract - I love to use one after a long, stressful day.
- Amika Hair Straightener (Retail: $80) - Hands down, the best straightener I've ever had. Hello shiny, smooth hair with no damage... What more could a girl ask for?
- Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion (Retail: $42) - I never would've splurged on this item normally, but that's the beauty of FabFitFun. It's a fantastic all-purpose hydration that really works to prevent blemishes! And the best part is I feel like I break out way less when it's that time of the month.
Favorite New Finds
- Unplug Meditation Aromatherapy Diffuser (Retail: $25) - The ultimate zen experience. It diffuses essential oils while changing colors from red to purple to pink and green. I love turning this on every Sunday night to just wind down and mentally prepare for the upcoming week.
- Alfred French Press Coffee Brewer (Retail: $20) - It has a cute quote on it that says "But First, Coffee" - words to live by, especially as a student. If you prefer a cuppa tea instead, there was a pretty floral teapot option available during customization. Each box has a customization period prior to when boxes are shipped, providing you with a chance to select certain products and ensure the box is tailored to fit your taste and needs.
- Fall 🍂 : Mer-Sea & Co. Scarf (Retail: $48) - A heavenly oversized scarf, a wrap, a blanket, and more! It's versatile and perfect for sports games or chilly classrooms.
- Winter ❄️: Moroccan Gold Series Treatment Mask (Retail $49) - This keratin hair mask with argan oil was designed to prevent split ends and keep your hair healthy all winter long.
- Spring 🌷: QUAY AUSTRALIA sunglasses (Retail: $55): I had never heard of this brand but quickly found out that it's insanely popular and IG famous - Chrissy Teigen, Jennifer Lopez, and Miranda Kerr are fans, and they're seen all over the festival circuit. Not a shocker since they're super cute!
- Summer ⛱️: FOREO LUNA™ fofo (Retail: $89): This was an exclusive to the FFF community; a Bluetooth cleansing device for your skin, that hooks up to an app to create a routine for you - it's super effective, trendy, and I never would've thought to buy it for myself!
With each box tailored to the specific season and trends, you receive a wide variety of products that will prep you for easy, breezy beach days or warm pumpkin spice lattes. With FabFitFun, I realized I wasn't just doin' the college thing; I was stuck in a rut and burnt out. Taking the time for self-care really put my life into perspective, and with the price tag, I didn't even have to give up weekend nights out! Wooooo!
The night before our econ midterm, I bumped into the girl who introduced me to FabFitFun, Natalie, in the library and she told me I had to spritz the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (from last year's Winter box!) on my sheets that night to make sure I was extra well rested before the big test. I thought it was silly, but honestly? No stress dreams!
Natalie and I ended up sitting next to each other for the rest of the semester - I didn't think I could make new friends this late in my college career, but our mutual fangirling over FFF led to a serious friendship - in my phone, she went from "FFF Econ Girl" to "Nataleedle leede lee 👠💩🍷."
FabFitFun gave me the dose of glamour and TLC I needed and introduced me to an amazing community of fabulous and fun lovin' women. I'm not saying FabFitFun was a complete gamechanger for me, but I'm not saying it wasn't either. As always, so excited for my next box! Sparkle on, ladies.Update: FabFitFun is offering readers $10 off the Spring Box! That's $200+ worth of products for just $39.99. New Members, Follow This Link To Snag A Box Before It's Sold Out!