Turns out angsty Tumblr superstars of 2014 can find real love in 2019.
"Bad at Love" singer Halsey and American Horror Story actor Evan Peters are officially dating.
They made things official this weekend, stepping out on Friday dressed as two of music's most terrifying figures. Halsey went as a red-haired Marilyn Manson, and Peters was a Juggalo, a fan of the Insane Clown Posse. Then on Saturday, they arrived at the 100th episode celebration of American Horror Story as a polka-dot-clad Sunny Bono and Cher.
The two first sparked dating rumors when they were seen on a roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. They're both coming off breakups—Peters' seven year relationship with Emma Roberts ended in March after it apparently became toxic. Though it's unclear exactly when Halsey and Yungblud broke up, they were dating at least through September.
Halsey and Evan Peters at Six Flags in LA recently https://t.co/yWhrG4Up4x— Halsey Updates (@Halsey Updates)1569620779.0
Following Halsey and Peters' roller-coaster debut, fans quickly dug up some of Halsey's old tweets about Evan Peters. For those who didn't know, for a total of seven years, Halsey's been tweeting about her crush on the actor. Though they've all been deleted, as we know, nothing on the Internet ever goes away.
Halsey + Evan Peters https://t.co/1EoNE5aRvd— dead (@dead)1448690673.0
"Halsey, your powers are strong. May this be a lesson to us all!" wrote Mari Lodi in Vulture when the dating rumors began to swirl. It's true that Halsey's ability to successfully tweet her way into a relationship may indicate that she's cast some sort of occult love spell, but honestly, Halsey has always been powerful on her own. She recorded her first demo, "Is There Somewhere," on GarageBand while a homeless teen and scored a major label contract. Her first (and best) album, Badlands, went platinum, and if you listen to its lyrics, you can see that Halsey's always had some sort of divine power. Maybe it's because of her song "Hurricane," but if I had to judge her type of magic, I'd label her as a weather witch, able to conjure up storms and to change the color of the sky (possibly from red to blue to violet) at will.
PinterestLyrics from "Colors", circa Tumblr 2014
Meanwhile, Evan Peters has been dabbling in occultism on his own, albeit in his role on American Horror Story. He was the iconic homicidal ghost Tate Langdon in Murder House, and in a 2012 tweet, Halsey perfectly articulated every teenage girl's feelings about his character. "Seriously Evan Peters stop making me attracted to alleged sociopaths and accused murderers…" she wrote.
Now that their union has emerged from the purely ethereal plane, becoming manifest on our physical one, we can see that it was always written in the stars. They do seem to exist in separate universes, in a way, as they come from TV and pop music respectively. On the other hand, they're both the highest possible evolution of Urban Outfitters teens, Tumblr darlings who somehow made their way into adulthood without losing their perfectly grungy, relatable-yet-alluring mystique. Of course they chose Scorpio season to make their debut as a couple; this time of transformation, rebirth, intensity, and Halloween seems designed for them to join forces. Plus, Sunday was a New Moon, the most goth of all the moons, perfect for a couple that captions their Instagram couple shots "Resident goths."
Sure, their best work may have been done years ago, but maybe this means there's more magic where their early masterpieces came from. Maybe Halsey will write a song from the perspective of Violet Langdon (she did film the music video for "Colors" in the actual Murder House from AHS Season 1). Maybe I don't know which one I'm more attracted to, but I'm not complaining. Maybe if we Tweet enough about our truest desires, they might just become incarnate—though of course, being a world-famous pop star helps.
Halsey - Colors (Official Music Video) www.youtube.com
- Halsey and Evan Peters Are Instagram Official and Made Their Red ... ›
- Evan Peters is Dating Halsey and Fans Are Going Wild ›
- Yungblud Seemingly Reacts to Rumors Halsey Is Dating Evan Peters ›
- Halsey And Evan Peters Are Officially Dating, And Their Halloween ... ›
- Halsey and Evan Peters Spark Dating Rumors | Teen Vogue ›
- Halsey Is Dating Evan Peters After Having A Crush On Him Since ... ›
- Are Halsey and Evan Peters Dating? ›
- Halsey Flaunts Birthday Curves in Greece Amid Evan Peters Dating ... ›
- Halsey Confirms She's Dating Evan Peters ›
- Halsey and Evan Peters Dating Rumors ›
Here are all the best TV spooktaculars
The best part of Halloween, aside from candy, scary movies, and sexy costume parties, is that every single TV show in the entire world tries to capitalize on the holiday.
I wish I could say that I was impervious to the capitalization of Halloween media, but I'm not. I love Halloween, and I love Halloween episodes. So do you. Why else would you be here? Anyways, here's a list of the 11 best Halloween episodes of your favorite shows:
Brooklyn 99 S1 E6: "Halloween"
Brooklyn 99 has some great Halloween episodes, but nothing beats the original. This one started the annual Halloween Heist to determine The Ultimate Detective/Genius, and all the other seasons' Halloween specials must dwell in its shadow.
- 12 Moments from great TV shows that have NOT aged well - Popdust ›
- 19 Best Anime Series You Can Watch on Netflix ›
- 15 Best Halloween TV Episodes - These Are the Greatest ... ›
- 20 Great Halloween Sitcom Episodes to Stream ›
- Best Halloween TV Episodes to Watch: The Simpsons, Friends | Time ›
- The 10 Best Halloween TV Episodes - Biography ›
- The Best Halloween Themed TV Episodes | Complex ›
- List of Halloween television specials - Wikipedia ›
- The Best Halloween TV Episodes to Watch on Netflix – SheKnows ›
- The 13 Best Halloween TV Episodes, Ranked | Collider ›
- Best Halloween TV Episodes: 'Office,' 'Simpsons,' 'Buffy,' 'Friends ... ›
- The Best Halloween TV Episodes of All Time - Great Halloween ... ›
The next cast of "AHS" has been announced, and we're still not sure if this show is okay.
American Horror Story has been feeding America's craving for creepy, campy horror since 2011.
With the cast of season 10 including Macaulay Culkin, many viewers are hoping that the show leans further into its cutting social commentary and goes easier on the gratuitous sexual violence and grotesque body horror that's detracted from its later seasons. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have created a show that steps over the line time and again to challenge our notion of decency and decorum in an age of pandemics, mass shootings, fake news, and Marianne Williamson (a.k.a. actual Supreme witch). At times the show has almost certainly gone too far in its depictions of the terror humans wreak upon each other. It's also created disturbingly sympathetic villains who challenge the harsh tribalism that divides most American opinions—suggesting, if only for the duration of a gory amputation scene, that the shadows of Absolute Evil we see in the world are usually projections of the evil lying within ourselves.
All that's to say: Murder House was the absolute best season of AHS, and if you don't agree, then you're not the Supreme. Whether you're ready to cancel AHS for stepping over the line or you love to confront the show's moral ambiguity, these are some of the most stomach-churning moments throughout the show's eight seasons.
- The 19 Most Terrifying 'American Horror Story' Scenes, Ranked - MTV ›
- The 22 Most Grotesque Things To Happen On American Horror Story ›
- Top 10 American Horror Story Moments - YouTube ›
- 10 of the most shocking moments from American Horror Story ... ›
- The Few Times 'American Horror Story' Was Actually Scary | Inverse ›
- American Horror Story Recap: Craziest Scenes So Far, Before ... ›
- [PHOTOS] 'American Horror Story' Scariest Moments Ever | TVLine ›
- 10 Scariest Moments On American Horror Story So Far, Ranked ›
- The Scariest 'American Horror Story' Scenes That Will Mess You Up ›
- The 39 Most Disturbing Moments on American Horror Story ›