Was the Tesla CEO really tweeting on acid?
Azealia Banks is not a reliable source of information.
The "212" rapper has engaged in countless social media feuds with everyone from Rihanna to Sia to Disney Channel star Skai Jackson (who was 14 at the time…). She has claimed to perform animal sacrifices as part of witchcraft rituals, once labelled Lizzo a "millennial mammy," and has been kicked off Twitter more than once for spouting homophobic slurs. She defended Donald Trump's "Muslim ban" and told him she is "proud as f***" of him as a fellow Gemini for winning the 2016 election, and later called him "a f***ing idiot" and "disqualified" him from his Gemini status.
- Hey Look, Azealia Banks Is Feuding on Twitter Again, This Time ... ›
- Azealia Banks Finally Gets The K-pop Treatment - Popdust ›
- Azealia Banks Defends Bill Cosby - Popdust ›
- Elon Musk's weirdest fights, from 'pedo guy' to Azealia Banks ... ›
- Grimes opens up on "sad and dark" saga with Azealia Banks and ... ›
- What's Going on With Elon Musk, Grimes, and Azealia Banks? - The ... ›
- Azealia Banks vs Elon Musk: Timeline - Business Insider ›
- Azealia Banks, Elon Musk, and Grimes, explained - Vox ›
About a year after being accused of selling furniture to ICE detention centers, e-commerce site Wayfair is in another controversy.
Wayfair, the e-commerce website beloved by millennials on a budget who don't want their apartments to look just like IKEA showrooms, is no stranger to controversy.
Last summer, employees of the company organized a protest after allegations surfaced that Wayfair had sold $200,000 worth of furniture to border detention facilities. Now, Wayfair is being suspected of trafficking missing children in their furniture.
This is a serious headline.
Azealia Banks is an icon. Could we name a single one of her songs besides "212?" No. Do we religiously follow her various inflammatory social media accounts? Yes, absolutely. She has feuded with an unexpected cast of celebrities from Lana Del Ray to Elon Musk, and memorably called Cardi B a "poor man's Nicki Minaj." While we won't go into the full list of Azealia Banks feuds, we recommend you do your civic duty and take a few hours out of your work day to get up to date on the queen of take-down's brutal reign.
Now, Banks reportedly has beef with Twitter founder and unfortunate-nose-ring-wearer, Jack Dorsey. Apparently, in 2016, Dorsey and Banks started hanging out, one thing led to another, and Banks offered to make Dorsey an amulet made of his own beard hair to protect him from ISIS. You know, as one does. According to Banks' now deleted tweets from the time, in return for the amulet and Banks promotion of Dorsey's new app, he said he would tweet about and promote Banks's mixtape, Slay-Z.
At the time, Banks tweeted, "Jack Dorsey asked me to tweet about his cash app and in exchange he was supposed to tweet about my mixtape. he never did." She continued, "[H]e also sent me his hair in an envelope because i was supposed to make him an amulet for protection," she followed up, "i have 3 Strands of a billionaire's hair. i should steal his luck."
Business Insider reached out to the rapper on Monday to ask about the story. She responded that it's "absolutely true" and she still has one of the strands of Dorsey's beard hair in an envelope in her storage space. Banks told the publication that the relationship began when Dorsey followed her on twitter, which led to frequent texting, and an eventual meet up. Banks said, "We have this awkward dinner of turkey slices, asparagus, and tomato as he is on something called the Bulletproof Diet ... the food was nasty, so I had some drinks and we kept talking." As the evening wore on, Banks offered to cast a spell to protect Dorset from ISIS, who had recently threatened the billionaire. She went on to say, "A lot of articles said I put a hex on him but I didn't, I have no reason to wish him harm. But we made a spiritual pact and he was supposed to make good on his end...I made a pact on his behalf and he left me hanging. He will pay for that."
All we're left with is questions: Did Azealia Banks curse Jack Dorsey? Who has the amulet now? Can we have it? Can Jack Dorsey please stop wearing a nose ring? How do you start frequently texting Azealia Banks? Can we have her number? Can 2018 possibly get any weirder before New Years?
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Azealia Banks threatens "hex" on Twitter CEO in mixtape row ›
- Today in celebrity Twitter: Jack Dorsey, Azealia Banks, and magic bear ›
- My Twitter feud with Azealia Banks over Jack F-ing Dorsey ›
- Azealia Banks is threatening to hex Twitter CEO on Twitter ›
- Jack Dorsey Mailed Azealia Banks His Beard Shavings ›
- Things Jack Dorsey Tweeted About Instead of Azealia Banks' Mixtape ›
- Azealia Banks: Jack Dorsey Sent Me Beard Shavings for ... ›
- Azealia Banks Had a Cursed Interaction with Jack Dorsey ›
- Did Jack Dorsey send beard shavings to rapper Azealia Banks to ... ›
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Sent Beard Hair to Azealia Banks: Report ... ›