And we have Pusha-T to thank for bringing the family together.
A short lifetime ago, the most-discussed topic of pop culture was the ongoing beef between Drake and Pusha-T.
Drake—Drizzy, Champagne Papi, Canada's finest export—is no newbie to feuds with his contemporaries. But in spring of 2018, just before Drake released his most recent album Scorpion, Pusha went where no opponent had gone before: confirming the longstanding rumor that the "God's Plan" rapper had a child.
Today, Drake finally seems to be owning up to his fatherhood, having shared a handful of photos of his son, Adonis, on Instagram. "I love and miss my beautiful family and friends and I can't wait for the joyful day when we are all able to reunite," Drake wrote in the caption, marking the first time he's posted photos (or directly acknowledged) his two-year-old child. With piercing blue eyes and a full head of blonde ringlets, they don't look much alike (as we've discussed, celebrity genetics are wild), but this proof of parenthood is as good as any. He also included a full-family shot featuring Adonis' mother, French artist Sophie Brussaux.
Whispers of Drake's potential fatherhood have been circulating for years, but no names had been confirmed until Pusha's diss track aimed at Drake, "The Story of Adidon," first surfaced. "A baby's involved, it's deeper than rap," Pusha says on the song. "You are hiding a child, let that boy come home...Adonis is your son / And he deserves more than an Adidas press run; that's real."
Considering how sneaky Drake had been previously about his child, it seems like we very well might have never known about Adonis if it weren't for the diss track. Who knew? Pusha-T: bringing families together since 2020.
- Don't Stop the Music: All of Rihanna's 125 Songs, Ranked From ... ›
- Dwayne Johnson Rants About His Fast 8 Co-Stars—The Rock Is ... ›
- Nicki Minaj's 'Only' Lyrics Analysis Uncovers Surprising, Deep ... ›
- Drake's New Jet Proves That Money Doesn't Make You Cool - Popdust ›
- Drake Shares Rare Photo Of His 2-Year-Old Son Adonis | E! News ›
- Drake Shares First Photos of His Son Adonis ›
- Drake shares first photos of son Adonis, says he misses his family ›
- Drake just shared the first picture of his son Adonis ›
- Drake shares first photos of his blond, curly haired son Adonis ›
- Drake Shares Photos of His Son Adonis for the Very First Time ›
- Drake Shares First Photos of Son Adonis With Touching Message: 'I ... ›
- Drake shares first photos of son Adonis on Instagram ›
- Drake shares 1st public photos of son Adonis | Globalnews.ca ›
- Drake Posts Photos of Son Adonis for the First Time ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
Thank God Selena got out while she could.
Selena Gomez has released a new song called "Lose You to Love Me," which many fans think is a final goodbye to her famous ex Justin Bieber.
For anyone needing a refresher on the Baldwin-Bieber-Gomez love triangle, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber famously dated on-and-off from the time they were teens. They broke up for the last time in March 2018; Bieber started dating Baldwin in June, and the pair got engaged in July.
After Bieber and Baldwin celebrated their wedding, fans watched Gomez's moves with bated breath. A sleepy, sad-faced selfie Gomez garnered over 8 million likes.
The social media drama has continued. Precisely four minutes after the star posted "Lose You To Love Me," a glittery piano ballad that erupts into a lush chorus, Hailey Bieber posted a screenshot of the song "I'll Kill You" by Summer Walker, a song that is mostly about a woman warning another woman to stay away from her man. Gomez's many devoted fans have criticized Mrs. Bieber, comparing each of their reactions in a series of scintillating Tweets. Many have pointed out that Gomez's song in no way seems to imply that she wants JBiebs back; instead, it seems to praise the end of a toxic relationship.
Bieber also posted something after Gomez's song dropped, though it's slightly more cryptic: An extremely high-definition image of a very annoyed-looking cheetah.
Personally, I'm happy for Selena. She's a complex, talented, strong woman and she shouldn't have to deal with somebody as obviously needy as Justin Bieber. In so many of the interviews with Bieber and Baldwin, Bieber seems to describe Baldwin as the steady, stable contrast to his heavily tattooed chaos, but really, it just seems like Bieber's looking for someone to take care of him. Thank god Selena got out of there when she could.
Still, maybe we shouldn't all be so quick to attack Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber. They're probably fighting like hell right now to preserve their marriage in the name of Jesus Christ, while Selena Gomez just released the best song of her career—which isn't saying all that much, but still. Anyone who watched them fall for each other in 2009 knows why this is so important.
- Hailey Bieber Just Showed Some Subtle Support For Selena Gomez ... ›
- Hailey Bieber REACTS To Selena Gomez's New Song Title ... ›
- Here's How Selena Gomez Reportedly Feels About Justin Bieber ... ›
- Hailey Baldwin Liked a Selena Gomez Instagram ›
- Selena Gomez Mom Shades Justin Bieber & Hailey Bieber Wedding ... ›
- Selena Gomez fans shocked at Hailey Baldwin Lose You To Love ... ›
- Selena Gomez's scorching response after Justin Bieber marries Hailey ›
- Hailey Baldwin Reaction to Selena Gomez's Song - Hailey Baldwin's ... ›
- Fans Think Hailey Baldwin Responded to New Selena Gomez ... ›
- Hailey Baldwin and Selena Gomez ›