Fans are calling for Cinderella to be added to Disney+'s massive selection of nostalgic '90s movies.
It's hard to be proud of the '90s.
Even among us die-hard elder millennials, we know that we were indoctrinated with plenty of problematic ideas: We used "gay" as a negative adjective for things we didn't like, we often glamorized eating disorders, we thought super low-rise jeans were cute.
Look, we're sorry, okay?
But one thing we've come to be fiercely proud of is the time Brandy found out her fairy godmother was Whitney Houston and married a Filipino prince whose mother was Whoopi Goldberg.
That's right. It's 2020, and the most diverse casting a film has ever achieved is still Rodger and Hammerstein's 1997 live action Cinderella, starring Brandy Norwood as the titular underdog and a whole cast that put other films to shame for their attempts at "diverse casting."
We have seen a lot of people asking 1997's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney to be added on @disneyplus servic… https://t.co/F0tSuRdg7t— BRANDY LEGION | #B7 (@BRANDY LEGION | #B7)1593491493.0
The "I Think You're Crazy Singer" has come through with another tone deaf take.
Singer-Songwriter CeeLo Green, AKA Thomas Callaway, has one of the best voices in the music industry.
It's why he was chosen as one of the original celebrity coaches on The Voice. He can hit notes that other singers wouldn't dream of and deliver them with some serious power. But too often the way he chooses to use that impressive voice is...not great.
When the Gnarls Barkley singer isn't harkening back to the golden era of soul music with breathy tones and soaring notes, he's harkening back to the fetid era of old school misogyny, with takes that are completely tone deaf.
The British pop star's career might've looked entirely different if it weren't for the DJs like Bassnectar and Calvin Harris.
In 2010, a singer-songwriter by the name of Ellie Goulding went from a relative unknown to the newly crowned ruler of the British music charts.
Raised in a village of fewer than 1,000 people, Goulding went on to study at University of Kent, where she was spotted by her future manager. After building a presence on MySpace and linking up with various producers, the budding star inked a record deal with Polydor, who released her first EP, An Introduction to Ellie Goulding, in 2009. The Guardian called her a "pop sensation" before the EP had even hit stores.
- 2015 Grammy Submissions—Katy Perry, One Direction, Taylor Swift ... ›
- 19 Famous People Who Look Funny with Harry Styles Hair - Popdust ›
- Adventures In Dating—Spotlight On Meet Single Firefighters - Popdust ›
- Will "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" Get Taylor Swift Her ... ›
- The 50 Greatest Multiple-Hit Song Titles in Pop Music History ... ›
- "I Love Living a Life That I Can Write About": Talking with Taylor ... ›
- Lollapalooza Celebrates 25th Anniversary This July & Resale ... ›
- Bridgit Mendler Can't Stop Thinking About How "Cray" 2012 Has Been ›
- Why "Baby Shark" Is an Evil Song—And Top 40 Hit - Popdust ›
- Five Weeks for Our Girl Carly Rae, What's Up Pink and Ellie Goulding ›
- Ellie Goulding: Indoor Air Pollution Harms Developing World | Time ›
- Ellie Goulding: 'My voice is the top thing. That's the key' | Music | The ... ›
- Ellie Goulding performed at the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving ... ›
- Ellie Goulding shows off her incredible frame in a plunging green ... ›
- Ellie Goulding: All Hat, No Kettle? ›
- Singer Ellie Goulding Threatens to Drop Salvation Army Halftime ... ›
- Ellie Goulding threatens to cancel her Cowboys Thanksgiving ... ›
- Kygo & Ellie Goulding - First Time - YouTube ›
- Ellie Goulding - Wikipedia ›
- Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You (Official Video) - YouTube ›