The acclaimed director seems to not even be considering Theron for Furiosa, which the star describes as "a tough one to swallow."
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Charlize Theron recently expressed her sadness that director George Miller is casting a younger actress to play the titular character in Furiosa.
In one of the most memorable roles of the decade, Theron embodied a fierce survivor's energy as Furiosa in 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road, teaming up with Max to lead a dramatic escape of women from Immortan Joe's Citadel. But Furiosa, the prequel currently in pre-production, is set to cover the character's early life, and Theron, 44, is reportedly going to be replaced by an actress in her 20s.
Theron, who says she "really love[s] that character," described the decision as "a little heartbreaking, for sure," and "a tough one to swallow," adding, "I fully respect George, if not more so in the aftermath of making Fury Road with him. He's a master … if he feels like he has to go about it this way, then I trust him."
Actors and their stunt doubles coordinated to make some next level social-distancing action
One of the things that has kept quarantine from being completely dull has been watching different media figures adapt to the new restrictions.
SNL has had fun with minimal at-home wardrobe and makeup and green screen silliness. Talk show hosts are making video calls work for interviews and sketches, and abundant free time has made it possible to organize massive, virtual cast reunions from various beloved TV shows and movies. But no other group has had quite as much fun with the challenge of social distancing content as the star-studded cast of Zoë Bell's elaborate new fight scene, "Boss B**** Fight Challenge."
- Cameron Diaz Returns to Acting in Boss Bitch Fight Challenge ›
- Halle Berry, Scarlett Johansson And More Brawl In 'Boss Bitch Fight ... ›
- Zoë Bell: The Woman Behind the Action of Tarantino's 'Once Upon a ... ›
- Kiwi stuntwoman Zoe Bell's regret over crash that nearly killed Uma ... ›
- Zoe Bell unites Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johansson, and more for ... ›
- Zoë Bell Rings Up Pals Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett ... ›
Pitt's cold open was a sincere tribute to Dr. Fauci's role on the coronavirus task force, mixed with a healthy dose of shade
The second episode of Saturday Night Live at Home aired this weekend, with cast members once again putting on performances in their own homes.
There were a number of highlights, including Kate McKinnon reprising her role as the crazy cat lady of Whiskers R We (not to be confused with her upcoming role as Carole Baskin), and Kyle Mooney staging a surrealist nightmare-party populated by ten different versions of himself. But probably the most notable segment was Brad Pitt's cold open as Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
- Brad Pitt Answers Dr. Fauci's Call to Play Him on SNL ›
- "SNL": Brad Pitt's Anthony Fauci tackles coronavirus misinformation ... ›
- Watch: SNL Features Brad Pitt as Dr. Fauci Roasting Trump ›
- Brad Pitt Stars As Anthony Fauci in SNL Cold Open ›
- As Dr. Fauci, Brad Pitt diagnoses Trump on 'Saturday Night Live' ›
- Brad Pitt as Dr. Anthony Fauci Absolutely Destroys Trump on SNL ›
- 'SNL At Home' returns with Brad Pitt as Dr. Anthony Fauci - CNN ›
- Brad Pitt channels Dr. Anthony Fauci for 'SNL' cold open ›
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Jokes Brad Pitt Should Play Him on 'SNL ... ›
- Brad Pitt channels Dr. Fauci on 'SNL' - CNN Video ›