We like you, but your genitals gross us out.
If you've watched BoJack Horseman, read recent Archie comics, or been rejected by someone who says they like you but your genitals gross them out, then you're familiar with asexuality—but probably not as familiar as you think.
A 2019 poll found that 76% of those surveyed weren't able to accurately define asexuality, despite 53% of respondents asserting that they could.
And that's fine. I can barely do it after years of research, and according to modern definitions I'm a full-fledged "heteroromantic" "asexual," which, according to Dr. Google, places me among an estimated 1% of the population who are incapable of feeling sexually attracted to anyone, regardless of gender or sex. Or, as Stefani Goerlich explains in sex-therapist-speak, "Whereas heterosexuals are sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex, and homosexuals are attracted to folks of the same sex, asexuals are [sexually] attracted to nobody."
- What Does It Mean to Be on the Asexual Spectrum? ›
- What to Know About Being Asexual - Health ›
- Everything you've ever wanted to know about asexuality - INSIDER ›
- Asexuality: How To Tell If You're Asexual, The Invisible Orientation ... ›
- Am I Asexual? - What Asexuality Means, Definition, and Signs ›
- "I'm an asexual woman, and this is what it's like not to feel sexual ... ›
- 10 Things you need to know about Asexuality – LGBTQ Life at ... ›
- What Is Asexuality? - What Is Asexuality ›
- LGBT, Asexual Communities Clash Over Ace Inclusion | HuffPost ›
- Asexuals Shouldn't Be Excluded From Queer Spaces, Especially Pride ›
- We Asked Asexuals About Their Relationship to Pride - VICE ›
The Internet is mourning the passing of the Black Panther star.
Beloved actor Chadwick Boseman, whose portrayal of Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe made him a household name, died Friday of cancer.
The versatile 43-year-old actor also played American icons Jackie Robinson in 2013's 42 and James Brown in 2014's Get on Up.
Nicki Minaj just announced she's pregnant with her first child.
Nicki Minaj just announced via Instagram that she's expecting her first child with husband Kenneth Petty.
The rapper shared the news by posting a photo of herself in a yellow wig and high-heels sporting a significant baby bump with the caption "#Preggers."