Muscle-bound glam rock and roll from Nashville.
Nashville's power duo VOLK pumps out raw, pulverizing rock and roll.
VOLK is made up of Chris Lowe (vocals, guitar) and Eleot Reich (vocals, drums). Lowe is a good-old-boy from Texas, while Reich hails from sunny California. Together, they blend nuclear-powered rock with country flamboyance and infusions of gut-wrenching soul.
In a gleaming suit, Lowe macerates the atmosphere with his guitar, as Reich, togged up in a glittering sequined dress hammers the heck out of an even shinier drum set.
VOLK - Honey Bee (Music Video) youtu.be
Since taking up residence in Nashville, VOLK has shared the stage with Left Lane Cruiser, Royal Thunder, Diarrhea Planet, Shooter Jennings, Mayeux and Broussard, The Ghost Wolves, Brother O' Brother, CATL, and John Evans. The band dropped their sophomore EP, Average American Band, at the end of September.
"Honeybee" opens with a squealing guitar putting out massive levels of feedback and rumbling drums segueing into a visceral, rough and ready rock tune. Without a bass line, the burden of rhythm falls on Reich's drums, and she's up to the task, providing a potent pulse on her snare and a bass drum.
Lowe's dirty, fuzzed-out to the max guitar grinds, groans, and shrieks with muscular sonic tones à la The White Stripes, only thicker and more undercooked.
Reich's voice, tight and reckless, radiates pure unbridled tones. Its buff piercing timbres rip, slice and dice.
"Honeybee" delivers steroid-monkey muscularity, crushing resonance, and unadulterated energy. VOLK knows how to rock!
Randy Radic is a Left Coast author and writer. Author of numerous true crime books written under the pen-name of John Lee Brook. Former music contributor at Huff Post.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›