Which kunoichi could step on you the hardest?
Female ninjas occupy a strange space in the realm of video games.
While their male ninja counterparts, like Strider Hiryu, dress like actual ninjas in full body garb that maybe, at most, reveals their beefy triceps, female ninjas dress in hyper-colorful, skin-bearing attire that seems to scream, "I'm here to step on you, you degenerate gamer." As if "degenerate" and "gamer" weren't interchangeable.
- Popular 'Fortnite' streamer Ninja says he doesn't play video games ... ›
- CrunchArcade: Top Ten Video Game Ninjas | TechCrunch ›
- List of ninja video games - Wikipedia ›
- Female Ninja of Gaming ›
- Dual Blade ~ Battle of The Female Ninja ~ on Steam ›
- Kunoichi Characters - Giant Bomb ›
- Ninja Princess and the Erasure of Women in Video Games | The ... ›
- Kunoichi: A Closer Look At The Female Ninja Spies of Old Japan ›
- The 10 Greatest Female Samurai and Ninjas ›
- A Female Ninja, But I Want To Love (English Cover)【rachie + ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.
Mai Shiranui may be a top tier anime girl, but that doesn't mean she fits in Smash.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game director Masahiro Sakurai loves SNK with a burning passion.
Sakurai made his passion crystal clear throughout his 48-minute Nintendo Direct breakdown of Smash's newest guest DLC character, Terry Bogard from SNK's Fatal Fury and King of Fighters, which almost plays out like a history lesson on SNK as a whole.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Mr. Sakurai Presents "Terry Bogard" www.youtube.com
But after extensively demoing all of Terry's special moves and unique gameplay mechanics and revealing 26 SNK cameo characters and a whopping 50 new SNK music tracks, one glaringly obvious hole seemed to be missing from the SNK Smash collab.
"You may have noticed that a very important character from the Fatal furies series was not included," says Sakurai. "Yes, Mai Shiranui. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is for good boys and girls of many different ages, so we decided not to feature her. Please forgive us."
Indeed, Mai Shiranui, SNK's next-level busty kunoichi and most popular recurring female character, will not be appearing in Smash because, as Sakurai suggested, she's simply too sexy for an all-ages game.
And yes, Smash features Bayonetta who wears skin-tight leather while she open-leg flip kicks. But here's Mai Shiranui's default outfit:
And this is how she moves:
Look, I'm not saying Mai Shiranui shouldn't have made a cameo in Smash. I'm just saying that Sakurai made a conscious decision not to show big bouncing anime boobs to 10-year-olds, and that maybe he made the right call.
- Sakurai Graphic Systems Corporation Sakurai Graphic Systems ... ›
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mr. Sakurai Presents "Terry Bogard ... ›
- "So, with a possible SNK rep, this is how i imagined Mai's trailer ... ›
- Mai Shiranui Appreciation Topic - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ... ›
- Super Smash Brothers Move Sets (Mai Shiranui) - YouTube ›
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fourth DLC fighter is a SNK character ... ›
- DOA6 Character: Pirates of the 7 Seas Costume - Mai Shiranui on ... ›
- The King of Fighters XIV: 'Mai Shiranui' Theme on PS4 | Official ... ›
- Mai Shiranui ›
- The King of Fighters Mai Shiranui Diorama by Kinetiquettes ... ›
- #maishiranui hashtag on Instagram • Photos and Videos ›
- Mai Shiranui | SNK Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia ›