Before "Fleabag" was an award-winning TV show, it was a play.
Fleabag was one of the best TV shows of the past few years.
Searingly funny and unsparing in its evisceration of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character, known only as Fleabag, it even made an impression on Barack Obama. (It also sparked a new wave of fascination with priests, but that's another story).
Now, you can see where it all began. Phoebe Waller-Bridge's excellent TV show started out as a one-woman show and was first performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. From there, it moved to the Soho Theatre in 2013, and it was eventually commissioned for the screen.
Fleabag The Play is available to stream (if you're in the UK or Ireland) on Soho Theatre's streaming website, and it will become available on the website for Australia, New Zealand, and Canada starting April 10th. For US-based folks, it'll be available for two weeks on Amazon Prime starting the same date. Viewers can download the broadcast for 48 hours.
One of those London performances was recorded, and you can now purchase it for only £4—and even better, all the proceeds will go towards coronavirus relief funds.
Fleabag goes to the West End - BBC London News www.youtube.com
"I hope this filmed performance of Fleabag can help raise money while providing a little theatrical entertainment in these isolated times," said Waller-Bridge, whose fund has already collected over $300,000 (including a large donation from Waller-Bridge herself). "Thank you to all our partners and to the creative team who have waived their royalties from this production to raise money for such vital causes in this unbelievably challenging situation.
"All money raised will support the people throughout our society who are fighting for us on the frontlines and those financially devastated by the crisis, including those in the theatre community. Thank you in advance to those who donate. Now go get into bed with Fleabag! It's for charity!"
This isn't the only opportunity for you to binge something of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's during the pandemic. The new season of Killing Eve, which Waller-Bridge executive-produced, will be available on the BBC iPlayer on April 13th.
- 'Fleabag': Live Performance To Be Released For COVID-19 ... ›
- Need a Laugh? Need a Lot? Stream These 15 Binge-Worthy Sitcoms ›
- 'Fleabag' stage production to stream on Amazon for charity - CNN ›
- Fleabag - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- “Fleabag,” an Original Bad-Girl Comedy | The New Yorker ›
- Fleabag - National Theatre Live ›
- Watch Fleabag - Season 1 | Prime Video - Amazon.com ›
- Fleabag Season 1 - Official Trailer | Prime Video - YouTube ›
- Fleabag (TV Series 2016–2019) - IMDb ›
- Fleabag - Wikipedia ›
A vibrant summer earworm.
Dance-pop duo Krewella, the Pakistani-American sisters, hooks up with Yellow Claw on "Rewind."
Krewella & Yellow Claw - Rewind (Official Music Video) youtu.be
- Krewella + Whipped Cream – Tickets – Echostage – Washington ... ›
- Krewella on Spotify ›
- Krewella's stream on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds ›
- Krewella (@Krewella) | Twitter ›
- Krewella - Home | Facebook ›
- Krewella (@krewella) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Krewella - Alive (Official Video) - YouTube ›
- Krewella - Wikipedia ›
- Krewella ›
Forgive me father for I have sinned...
What is it about Catholic priests that fill us with thoughts that are anything but godly?
Is it that they're sexually unattainable? That their robes emphasize their shoulders? That they're obligated to listen to our problems? Whatever it is, the trope of the hot priest has become a cultural staple that can be found in myriad of books, movies, and TV shows. Here are 10 of the hottest priests to ever make it on-screen.
- How Catholics are responding to Fleabag's hot priest. ›
- The Hot Priests of Peak TV: Fleabag, Derry Girls, and Beyond ›
- 12 Hottest Priests That Make You Want To Confess Your Sins ›
- The 'hot priest' calendar 2014 The Local ›
- Hot Priests of 2019 Calendar : rome ›
- Fleabag's Andrew Scott Doesn't Mind Being a 'Hot Priest' ›
- The Hot Priest in 'Fleabag' Says Kneel, and It's Never Sounded ... ›
- Why Are We So Goddamn Horny For Fleabag's Hot Priest? | HuffPost ›
- 17 fictional priests who make us hot under the collar | EW.com ›
- Fleabag 2 Minutes of the Hot Priest Being Hot | Prime Video - YouTube ›