The star of controversial adult videos doesn't have the option to move on
Do you remember what you were doing in October of 2014?
Without scrolling through old pictures, can you even remember what costume you wore for Halloween that year? As Mia Khalifa has recently clarified on social media and in an appearance in season 2 of Hulu's hit show Ramy, she doesn't have that issue.
She is never allowed to forget what she was doing in the fall of 2014, or what costume she wore that year, because her "fans" and haters (often the same people) won't let her—they generally act like that was the only significant time in her life. But it may be worth considering the not-so-sexy bits:
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Unlike most Americans, Jeff Goldblum had some humility on the issue
Actor Jeff Goldblum appeared as the guest judge on Friday night's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race and got himself into some hot water.
After Iranian-American contestant Jackie Cox walked the runway in a red and white striped kaftan with a blue hijab rimmed in stars—in keeping with the episode's "Stars and Stripes" theme—Goldblum asked her if she was religious. She responded that she is not but that her outfit "represents the importance that visibility for people of religious minorities need to have in this country."
- Jeff Goldblum's Comments And Questions About Islam Have ... ›
- Jeff Goldblum inspires fierce discussion about LGBT+ acceptance in ... ›
- Jeff Goldblum is BLASTED by RuPaul's Drag Race viewers for being ... ›
- Jeff Goldblum faces backlash for Islam comments on RuPaul's Drag ... ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race: Jeff Goldblum receives backlash for Islam ... ›
- Jeff Goldblum Faces Social Media Backlash Over Islam Comments ... ›
- Jeff Goldblum Makes Anti-Islam Remarks on RuPaul's Drag Race ›
- Jeff Goldblum criticized on Twitter for 'dangerous' comments on Islam ›