The couple are in talks with JPMorgan Chase, who may fund their bid to buy the MLB team
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez may be New York's greatest power couple.
At age 50, J. Lo continues to be one of the most highly-paid entertainers in the world after more than 20 years of fame, while Alex Rodriguez remains the highest-paid baseball player of all time—having earned nearly half a billion dollars in a career that lasted into his 40s. After going out into the world and making names for themselves (names exclusively comprised of their first initials plus the first syllables of their last names), they are bringing that massive wealth back to the city where they were born to...buy The Mets.
- Report: Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez Raising Money for Potential ... ›
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Could Own the New York Mets ... ›
- Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez take next step to try to buy Mets: report ›
- Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez take big step in bid to buy Mets ›
- Bronx fixtures J.Lo and A-Rod bond over the Mets | Page Six ›
- Report: A-Rod, J-Lo to place bid on Mets ›
- J.Lo and A-Rod Met Right in Front of Marc Anthony | E! News ›
- Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez Seek Financing to Bid on Mets ›
- Alex Rodriguez 'could buy Mets for $3bn - but will need other ... ›
- Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez eye Mets bid, hire JP Morgan to ... ›
- Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez reportedly looking to buy ownership ... ›
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Taking Big Steps To Buy NY Mets ›
- Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez Retain JPMorgan to Raise Money ... ›
- Alex Rodriguez gaining momentum in push to buy Mets; Steve ... ›
This is the lord's day. There is no body shaming on the lord's day.
First, God created the heavens and the earth; second, he made the sea and the animals; and then, he created people.
God quickly realized he'd made a mistake with the "people" recipe, so he tried again, a few billion years later, and thus was born the gift that is Lizzo. If there is anything that proves the presence of a loving and sentient god, surely it's Lizzo in all her flute-playing, note-hitting, body-positive glory. But, apparently, some would disagree.
On Sunday, Rapper and businessman Diddy hosted the "world's biggest dance-a-thon" on his Instagram account in an effort to raise money to benefit healthcare workers in underserved areas. Many big names and excellent dancers joined in, including Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez, and, of course, Lizzo.
As is her trademark, Lizzo started to twerk while Diddy's sons danced on his Instagram live stream. Diddy quickly shut it down, shouting, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" jumping into the frame and stopping the music. "It's Easter Sunday, let's play something a little more family friendly." Lizzo appeared to be, understandably, embarrassed and said, "Sorry, sorry, sorry! Let's do something fun. Well, don't play that kind of... play something I can bop to."
P Diddy ain’t SHIT 😭 When Lizzo started twerking he brought that to an end with the quickness but had nothing to sa… https://t.co/W13J0bVHV1— Blay 🇬🇭🇨🇮 (@Blay 🇬🇭🇨🇮)1586766277.0
If Diddy had found Lizzo's dance moves too suggestive for his sons, that would be one thing. But he soon proved that the twerking wasn't the problem when model Draya Michele danced similarly on the dance-a-thon just a few hours later.
"You killed that!" Diddy told Draya. "I think that was one of the top performances."
Twitter users, rightfully, had issues with Diddy's hypocrisy.
You all hate that Lizzo expresses herself the way she does yet have little to no objection when that same expressio… https://t.co/Cd2iyza8Zi— Ahmad K. Khan, Ph.D (@Ahmad K. Khan, Ph.D)1586764505.0
I just gotta say diddy stopped Lizzo twerking but didn’t do the same when Draya did. And then ppl don’t wanna belie… https://t.co/F7xEnDUTbg— enormouspotato (@enormouspotato)1586782458.0
It's obvious that Diddy shutting down Lizzo's dancing had nothing to do with it being "the Lord's day" and everything to do with fat phobia. Online backlash was so severe that he later tried to excuse himself by claiming that he stopped Lizzo because of the song she chose: "When I stopped the music, it was 'cause it had a lot of curses in there," he posted on Instagram. "Not 'cause she was twerking. She's one of the best twerkers in the world, okay? So, let's keep that clear. You are allowed to twerk on Easter. There was a lot of cursing in the record and I don't need child services knocking on my door right now." Cursing on Instagram has never brought child services to anyone's door, but okay, Diddy.
It's sad that some people still can't see the divine miracle that is the female form in all its many variations—especially the holy gift of Lizzo's butt. Of course, so close to Easter, all we can do is pray for Diddy's hypocritical, fat phobic soul and twerk our hearts out, no matter what size we are.
- Diddy Demands Lizzo Stop Twerking :: Hip-Hop Lately ›
- DJ Akademiks (@akadmiks) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Lizzo Twerks Over a Bowl of Cheetos, Admits She Slipped Into ... ›
- News | Entertainment Tonight ›
- Diddy stops Lizzo twerking on IG expeditiously ›
- Diddy Stops Lizzos Easter Twerk-Fest! ›
- Diddy Blasted Over 'Fatphobic' Reaction To Lizzo Twerking On ... ›
- Lizzo Shocks Diddy With Racy Twerking on His Instagram Live ›
- P Diddy stops Lizzo from twerking on live because it's Easter Sunday ›
The pioneering Tejano star died 25 years ago.
25 years ago, Mexican-American Tejano sensation Selena Quintanilla was murdered.
In her short 23 years, Selena shook the Latin music scene by storm throughout the late '80s and early '90s, playing an unprecedented role in driving the genre towards the mainstream in the United States. Some of her greatest influences included Donna Summer, Gloria Estefan, Paula Abdul, and the Jackson family, though her father encouraged her to pay homage to her roots by singing in Spanish and implementing Mexican cumbia and mariachi into her music.
With hits like "Dreaming of You," "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom," and "Como la Flor"—as well as an unmistakable, but often replicated, sense of style—Selena was a phenomenon with a lasting legacy. Reactions to her tragic death by gunshot wound in 1995 were comparable to those following the deaths of John Lennon, Elvis Presley, and President John F. Kennedy. Two weeks after her death, George W. Bush—then governor of Selena's home state of Texas—declared her birthday, April 16, Selena Day in the state. In honor of her, we've rounded up 11 artists who've cited the Queen of Tejano as an influence in their own careers.
Hailing from the same state, it shouldn't be a surprise that the "Lose You to Love Me" singer looked up to her namesake. "I am named after her. She was a big deal to my family and growing up from the get-go, I knew who she was and who I was named after," Gomez told The View in 2012. "I got to visit her grave. I've actually met...some of her family, and it's such an honor to be named after someone so amazing."
- ABC Eyes Drama Series Inspired By Legacy Of Selena Quintanilla ... ›
- SELENA QUINTANILLA INSPIRED GRAMMY LOOK | iluvsarahii ... ›
- Selena Quintanilla - Murder, Movie & Songs - Biography ›
- A Series Inspired By Selena Quintanilla Is Coming To ABC | Access ... ›
- Celebrities & Stars Inspired By Selena Quintanilla ›
- 15 Reasons Selena Quintanilla Is An Inspiration To Us All ›
- Selena Quintanilla-Inspired Latino Family Drama Coming to ABC ... ›
- Selena Quintanilla: Celebrities Who Were Inspired By Her | PEOPLE ... ›
- List of people influenced by Selena - Wikipedia ›
- 17 Artists Inspired By The Divine Glory Of Queen Selena Quintanilla ... ›