The world's most powerful TERF has spoken out yet again.
JK Rowling's anti-trans agenda has once again emerged online, this time in the form of an 11-tweet thread.
The most recent fiasco began on Sunday, July 5th, when Rowling liked a tweet that compared hormone prescriptions to antidepressants and commented, "Hormone prescriptions are the new anti depressants. Yes they are sometimes necessary and lifesaving, but they should be a last resort. Pure laziness for those who would rather medicate than put in the time and effort to heal people's minds."
I've ignored fake tweets attributed to me and RTed widely. I've ignored porn tweeted at children on a thread about… https://t.co/sZq3NbQD7N— J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593952443.0
- What Is "The Ickabog" and Why Is J.K. Rowling a TERF? - Popdust ›
- J.K. Rowling Is a TERF (and Hatsune Miku Wrote Harry Potter ... ›
- Harry Potter's Gringotts Goblins Are Anti-Semitic Propaganda ... ›
Using a Black dialect isn't a meme—it's cultural appropriation.
As Black Lives Matter protests have rightfully taken the world by storm over the past couple of months, we're long overdue for thorough evaluations of just how often aspects of Black heritage have been co-opted by white audiences.
It should be obvious that much of fashion and music as we know it today was invented by Black people. We (hopefully) all know by now that we can no longer accept Blackface and use of the n-word by non-Black people as the norm—and Internet users have tried "canceling" offenders in the public eye, with varying degrees of success.
Harry Potter himself has a message for certified TERF J.K. Rowling: "Transgender women are women."
The Harry Potter franchise might've made some well-rounded points about race and government, but author J.K. Rowling's views are known to be horrifically outdated when it comes to the transgender community.
By now, Potterheads who spend a lot of time on Twitter know that Rowling can be classified as a TERF: a trans-exclusionary radical feminist. She's proudly publicized her absolutist view of sex, which coming from her especially, is a colossal embarassment; if you can hypothesize a world where goblins, merpeople, house elves, and animagi exist, why is a transgender person such a difficult concept to grasp?
- Daniel Radcliffe Responds to J.K. Rowling: "Transgender Women ... ›
- Daniel Radcliffe Pens Essay Opposing J.K. Rowling's 'Anti-Trans ... ›
- Daniel Radcliffe Addresses J.K. Rowling's Transphobic Comments ... ›
- 'Harry Potter': Daniel Radcliffe defends trans women to J.K. Rowling ›
- Daniel Radcliffe writes essay supporting trans community after JK ... ›
- Daniel Radcliffe Supports Trans Rights After JK Rowling Controversy ›
- Daniel Radcliffe on J.K. Rowling Tweets: 'Transgender Women Are ... ›
- Daniel Radcliffe Responds to JK Rowling's Tweets on Gender Identity ›
- 'Transgender women are women': Daniel Radcliffe clashes with J.K. ... ›
- Daniel Radcliffe Responds to J.K. Rowling Anti-Trans Tweets ›