The K-pop group appears on the track from Chromatica.
This Friday, Lady Gaga's new album Chromatica is coming to save us from the dreariness of isolation.
Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Audio) www.youtube.com
- Lady Gaga and Blackpink Drop 'Sour Candy": LISTEN ›
- Lady Gaga, Blackpink Share Confectionary Club Track 'Sour Candy ... ›
- Lady Gaga and Blackpink's song, Sour Candy – what we know ... ›
- Lady Gaga And Blackpink's New Song May Be The Biggest ... ›
- Lady Gaga's new album features Blackpink and K-pop fans can't wait ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
The new single from Nandi Rose deals with guilt from an ending friendship.
It's been argued time and time again that friendship breakups can sting worse than romantic ones.
Even if neither party is to blame, a fizzled companionship can lend itself to mournful guilt. It's these feelings of remorse that drive "In August," the latest single from Half Waif's Nandi Rose. According to the singer/songwriter, the pensive song "tracks the dissolution of a friendship over the course of a year, throughout every season." As she explains in a statement, "There's a particular kind of sadness to a friendship ending when there's no one to blame, just as there's something mournful about the inevitable change of weather. Sometimes it's not a big fight but a gradual growing apart that marks the end—how do we make sense of our role in that? This song is an attempt to recognize and accept mutual culpability in an effort to move on."
"In August" begins with a funereal piano introduction that soon gives way to Half Waif's unique brand of layered, shadowy synth-pop. Looming and somber, the track finds Rose contemplative on both sides of the friendship's end. "I wonder how you've been / Oh, I have lost your friendship / What does that say about me?" she sings. Later: "You've broken your promise / What does that say about you?"
"In August" is neither self-destructive or accusatory, instead weighing the mutual faults between herself and her subject. "If I can own / Up to what I've done / Then I'll get it together / Will you follow?" go the song's final lines, as the instrumentals fade out as seamlessly as a missed connection.
Half Waif - "In August" (Lyric Video) www.youtube.com
- Half Waif Shares Poignant New Single "In August," Postpones North ... ›
- R5 Productions » Half Waif – Tickets – Everybody Hits ... ›
- mxdwn Music - all that matters in music ›
- On the Rise at LPR with Half Waif, Hannah Epperson, and Pollens ... ›
- Concert preview: Half Waif at Ace of Cups - Entertainment ... ›
- Half Waif's 'Lavender' Offers A Ritual Of Beauty And Purification : NPR ›
- mxdwn.com - all that matters in entertainment ›
- Half Waif : NPR ›
- Half Waif ›
- Half Waif Postpones Tour Dates, Shares New Song: Listen | Pitchfork ›