One of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, Little Richard passed away on Saturday
It was reported on Saturday that rock legend Little Richard had died in Tennessee at the age of 87.
Born Richard Penniman, Little Richard became famous as a pioneer of rock music in the 1950s, with a series of hits from "Tutti Frutti" to "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly Miss Molly." His gospel-inflected singing with energetic piano and gibberish lyrics became emblematic of the era's music, and the iconic rasp of his versatile voice has been emulated by many, but never matched.
- Little Richard, 'Tutti Frutti' and 'Good Golly Miss Molly' singer, dead at ... ›
- Little Richard, one of rock's founding fathers, dead at 87 ›
- Rock 'n' roll legend Little Richard dead at 87 of bone cancer ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 | Pitchfork ›
- Little Richard, The 'King And Queen' Of Rock And Roll, Dead At 87 ... ›
- Little Richard, a flamboyant architect of rock 'n' roll, is dead at 87 ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 ›
A Prince tribute airs tonight in honor of the four-year anniversary of the icon's death.
Prince was born on June 7, 1958 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
By the time he died exactly four years ago today, he'd released 23 albums, redefined the color purple, and ingrained himself within the legacy of pop music forever.
- Prince Releases New Video For Blistering Heartbreak Song ›
- Prince Harry Desperate To Find A U.S. Wife Wins Best Fake Story ... ›
- Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Monarchy Separation Is Old ... ›
- Popdust Presents: Deascent Sits Down With J.I. The Prince of New ... ›
- Prince's "Purple Rain" and Pop's War with the President - Popdust ›
- Prince Has Confirmed What We Already Knew: Ed Sheeran Sucks ... ›
It's been four grueling years of no new music from Rihanna.
The world's wealthiest female musician hasn't been making a lot of music lately.
It's officially been four years since our majesty Robyn Rihanna Fenty released her eighth and most recent album, ANTI. That's not to say she hasn't been busy—she is running her own lines of makeup and lingerie, after all.
But no matter how successful, Rihanna's recent business and acting endeavors could never satisfy our need for her music. A lot has happened since January 2016, and we're long overdue for another record to soundtrack all our bad b*tch and sad b*tch moments.
To evidence just how much time has passed, here are 27 things that have happened since Rihanna released ANTI.
- Leonardo DiCaprio won his first Oscar.
- Prince and David Bowie died just months apart from each other.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt divorced.
- One Direction broke up, and each member released a solo album.
- Kim Kardashian was robbed in Paris.
- Beyoncé debuted her visual album Lemonade on HBO.
- Ryan Lochte lied about being robbed in Rio.
- Donald Trump was elected president of the United States.
- Ariana Grande organized her One Love Manchester benefit concert in less than two weeks.
- The #MeToo hashtag took flight.
- Beyoncé pulled out of her Coachella headline slot because she was pregnant with twins. She made up for it the next year with arguably the best, most detailed festival performance of all time.
- Beyonce and JAY-Z made an album together and rented out the f--king Louvre.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got engaged, married, had a baby, and essentially resigned from the Royal Family.
- The Snapchat hotdog took over the world.
- Peppa Pig also took over the world.
- Kendall Jenner starred in both a really tone-deaf Pepsi commercial and a really weird Lil Dicky music video.
- Kris Jenner welcomed five new grandchildren who will never have to work a day in their lives. One of whom is Rob Kardashian's daughter with Blac Chyna, who also has a child with Tyga, the ex of Rob's half-sister Kylie Jenner.
- Taylor Swift was reportedly transported in a massive suitcase.
- The first Women's March took place.
- Bobby Berk did the absolute most for the least amount of recognition when the Queer Eye reboot hit Netflix.
- Pete Davidson started dating Ariana Grande, got engaged to Ariana Grande, broke up with Ariana Grande, dated Kate Beckinsdale, dated Kaia Gerber...am I missing anyone?
- Ariana Grande released the two best albums of her career just months apart.
- Cardi B threw a shoe at Nicki Minaj.
- The Jonas Brothers reunited and two of them got married.
- In just 10 days, a stock photo of an egg dethroned Kylie Jenner for the most-liked photo on Instagram.
- The U.S. Women's Soccer team won the World Cup.
- In an absolutely iconic power move, Rihanna mentioned in a cover story for Vogue that she and Drake are no longer friends.
GTY 588698950 S SPO OLY BRA Getty Images
- 7 Of the Best Anti-War Songs - Popdust ›
- Rihanna Rolling Stones trump song use stop - Popdust ›
- Why Beyonce’s Lemonade Was One of the Best Pieces of Art Ever Made - Popdust ›
- Why Rihanna’s Fenty Show Feels Like Islamic Exploitation ›
- Why Rihanna’s Fenty Show Feels Like Islamic Exploitation - Popdust ›