The inspiration for Rocket Raccoon is flying off to new space adventures.
It's only February, but 2019 is already turning out to be tragic.
Donald Trump still hasn't been kicked off Twitter, blackface is making a prominent comeback amongst old Virginian men, and worst of all, the best model in Hollywood, Oreo the Raccoon, has passed away.
Granted, Oreo the Raccoon wasn't a model in the traditional sense. After all, a real raccoon probably couldn't manage an Instagram account or pretend to be attracted to Justin Bieber. But, Oreo was the real-life basis for Marvel hero Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy.
Sadly, the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page posted on Thursday that Oreo had flown off to better space adventures. He was ten years old.
"Our hearts are broken as we have lost our best friend, our Guardian of our Galaxy Mr Oreo Raccoon. Oreo passed away in the early hours of this morning after a very short illness. Many thanks to our wonderful vets for their compassion and care," wrote Quinta Layla, Oreo's owner.
Oreo holds the distinction of being the only raccoon to ever walk the red carpet, having accompanied James Gunn to the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere. His passing is a huge blow to the Hollywood talent pool, and he will forever be immortalized as the greatest space-faring raccoon in history.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- News ›
- Rest In Peace Oreo 2009-2019, the raccoon who inspired Rocket's ... ›
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Real-Life Model, Oreo the Raccoon Has ... ›
- Rocket the Raccoon's real-life inspiration Oreo dies | Metro News ›
- Oreo the Raccoon, Model for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Character ... ›
- The Raccoon That Inspired Guardians of the Galaxy's Rocket ... ›
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Real Life Model Oreo the Raccoon Dies ›
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Rocket's Real Life Model Oreo the ... ›
- Oreo the Raccoon, Inspiration for 'Guardians of the Galaxy ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.