We ruined our browser history to bring you the best the freaky web had to offer.
Shame, intrigue, and human connection are the pillars of Internet culture.
At least, those are lies we tell ourselves when we don't want to admit that all media is driven by loneliness, sex, and absurdity. While Internet rabbit holes are lovely, dark, and deep—exactly like that Robert Frost poem, an Anselm Kiefer painting, or puberty—some stories just keep on giving. Our ace Popdust staff has curated the best the freaky web had to offer this past week, gladly sacrificing time spent with loved ones, our ability to be appropriate at dinner parties, and our inner peace of mind. Here are this week's Internet gems:
Here's a fully active subreddit with over 50,000 subscribers entirely dedicated to looking at pictures of mirrors that are for sale somewhere. Mind you; the posters are not necessarily selling the mirrors themselves. They're just sharing pictures of them.
3. Imagine Beta O'Rourke in Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Yes, that's Beto O'Rourke's head photo-shopped onto a frat kid's body. It rocks because people will literally vote for a candidate because he's handsome.
The perks are endless: 100% buyer satisfaction, free delivery in 4 days, and step-by-step instructions how to activate and use your authentic Voodoo Doll, which was "individually handmade by the Witches of the Coven of Rosen who are Witches by birthright. They have not made up some coven or joined one." With "more than 93% sold," this is your last chance to own an authentically evil doll instead one of Mattel's manufactured ones, like creepy Little Mommy or Barbie.
Dumb criminals wearing dumpster masks to their crime scenes is as common as celebrities turning out to be criminals, but Edward "Fast Eddie" Wilburn is special. As Deputy Bruce Milne said, "Wilburn might have gotten away with it if he didn't scout the store first and then return wearing the Spider-Man mask to rob the store."
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Frank Ocean and the Dark, Disgusting Hole of the Internet ›
- Interview: Kitty Pryde On Danny Brown, Bizarre Rumors And Which ... ›
Even the most seasoned cringe connoisseurs could never have foreseen the sheer depth of cringe that Krist was capable of sinking to.
"Krist the 30 Year Old Boomer" is actually 37.
He tells us as much in his latest YouTube video, "I Am Done," in which he asserts that after "supporting the gaming companies for as long as I can remember," he is never going to buy another console game in his entire life.
- Keemstar the Grifter: Etika's Suicide and YouTube Drama - Popdust ›
- Joey Salads Peed into His Own Mouth, Now He Wants Your Vote ... ›
- Toxic YouTube Culture Leads to Another Suicide Attempt - Popdust ›
- Corporate Voices Get Behind 'Black Lives Matter' Cause - The New ... ›
- Watch: New YouTube video donates to Black Lives Matter funds for ... ›
- Fans to celebs, influencers: support Black Lives Matter or don't post ... ›
- When your child's favorite YouTube celebrity is a secret racist - The ... ›
- These Brands Aren't Staying Silent on Black Lives – Adweek ›
- Ex-cop urges 'lone wolf patriots' to attack Black Lives Matter activists ... ›
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO Support of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd ... ›